The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official Passfield Hall 2011 Thread!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jakeebs
Hello,
what is the deal with choosing "RATE PREFERENCE" in Hallpad (got offer for Passfield single):

Single room price band A- £181.86
Single room price band B- £172.76
Single room price band C- £158.76
Single room price band D- £151.76

How do those rooms differ?

Cheers!

i would like to know what is the difference between the price band too ><
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
hey everyone,
President of the halls here...

in terms of the pricing it is really weird and I have been told it depends on how big your window is and if your room is in the main building or through the courtyard into the other two buildings,

i think the more you pay, the more likely you will be in the main building or have a slightly bigger room (all the single rooms are very similar) it is the shared rooms where there can be a huge difference. as i experienced as my shared room in my first year was huge and my one in my second year was tiny.

anyway join the FB passfield place group ....

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/LSE-Passfield-Hall-2011-2012-Information/178042672246368

the official group will be made when I get access to all your LSE emails and I will email out a link for ONLY actual residents so it will be really good ... and it was used throughout the year and still is during the summer to chat and mention any events or even thing like who wants to go to tesco or watch a movie etc.
Reply 42
Original post by LawSuit
Who else has an offer for Passfield? I've got a shared room :smile:

Me :smile: I've been allocated a single, though. The price bands were slightly confusing - had no idea which one to pick!
Original post by jinx!
Me :smile: I've been allocated a single, though. The price bands were slightly confusing - had no idea which one to pick!

me too! i have no idea, the price bands are weird, i tried calling passfield, they told me they couldn't disclose, when i called the accomodation, they couldn't give me a concrete answer, just all the generic things.
Reply 44
I didn't pick any =0 I'll let randomness run its course xD
Reply 45
@H.Patel:

I assume that every term the renting time starts on Sunday, and ends on Saturday?
So, if the end of term is on Friday, then we have the night Fri-Sat paid, and we should move out on Saturday?
And when we come back, with the term starting on Monday, we can come on day before as we have the night Sun-Mon included in the rent?

I hope I made my questions clear as I need to know it for my flights booking.

Cheers!
Reply 46
Hey all,

Sorry for barging in like this when I do not have an offer from Passfield, but I was wondering if any of you would like to swap for a single room in International Hall.

Details are as below:
Cost per night: £24.50
Breakfast and dinner are provided on weekdays plus lunch on weekends.
Fees Schedule
25/09/2011 £2,401.00
01/01/2012 £2,229.50
01/04/2012 £2,205.00
Location's great as well, I heard its second nearest after High Holborn :smile:

Thing is, it's really really expensive, so if I could swap for a single/shared room in Passfield (my first choice-which I did not get..) it would be really great :smile:
sounds great, can't wait!
Reply 48
Original post by jakeebs
@H.Patel:

I assume that every term the renting time starts on Sunday, and ends on Saturday?
So, if the end of term is on Friday, then we have the night Fri-Sat paid, and we should move out on Saturday?
And when we come back, with the term starting on Monday, we can come on day before as we have the night Sun-Mon included in the rent?

I hope I made my questions clear as I need to know it for my flights booking.

Cheers!

yeah you are correct, you can extend it if you want early every term and even get halls for all of the holidays if you really hate home, alot of the international student do that.

but yeah you pay for each night before and after the start and end of term so you can get ready, also you can try and come a few days earlier to settle in but obviously pay

the fri-sat is crazy though every year especially first term, you go CRUSH and you gotta leave your room by 10am on saturday and brunch is at 7-9ish and no one is awake and no one ever leaves there room at 10....I always just stay up all night.

x
Reply 49
Hey can anyone tell me about the 'Silence hours' that are 'in effect from 11.15pm to 7.45am'? Passfield sounds great but that bit sounds a bit like a killjoy :frown:
hey, can i ask when we pack and leave our rooms for the holidays right, we are only allowed one piece of luggage of storage is that right?
Reply 51
Hey sorry to barge in also; am looking for a shared at Passfield. I have a shared at Carr Saunders and am hopeful if anyone would wanna swap :smile:
Reply 52
Hi, sorry to hijack this thread. I've a single room (with shared bathing facilities) at the International Hall. There are catered meals, storage provided during the various breaks, 24.50pounds per night and it's a 10 minute walk to LSE (not sure about the other schools). Anybody want to do a swap? I'd rather a LSE hall; would be fine with either single/shared! :smile:

Cheers
Jane
PM me
Reply 53
Original post by thebeslaw
Hey can anyone tell me about the 'Silence hours' that are 'in effect from 11.15pm to 7.45am'? Passfield sounds great but that bit sounds a bit like a killjoy :frown:

=0 where did u hear tat? so tat means i cnt play my guitar past midnite lyke i used to anymore? 0.0
Reply 54

having been here at passfield for two years and being president all that means is I cant turn up the speaker system too loud after 11.45, it does not actually mean silence, every hall has the same rules, but now that the halls has no masters students no one ever complains about noise until exam time which is understandable
Reply 55
Original post by smallbearsis
hey, can i ask when we pack and leave our rooms for the holidays right, we are only allowed one piece of luggage of storage is that right?

yeah but if other mates are not leaving anything you can use there space.
Reply 56
Original post by WeiChin
=0 where did u hear tat? so tat means i cnt play my guitar past midnite lyke i used to anymore? 0.0

people play their guitar in the common room at 4am it is fine
Reply 57
Any parties in the flats? :biggrin:
Reply 58
Any parties in the flats? :biggrin:

not really flats as in you can walk around anywhere and you are not confined to just one floor like at some halls,

and yeah there are a few parties in the halls, and on most nights out the speakers can be turned on and someone can stick in their music.
Reply 59
Original post by H.Patel

and yeah there are a few parties in the halls, and on most nights out the speakers can be turned on and someone can stick in their music.

What are the Freshers events going to be? The supposed lack of partying at Passfield, compared to Rosebry/Carr-Saunders is something that's really putting me off.

I don't really want to share either but I'll get over it if there's clubbing, drinking etc.! Do you ever organise events with other halls?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending