This discussion is closed.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
should there be harsher punishments for people who cause injury to animals, would u consider euthanasia a form of animal cruelty??
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
should there be harsher punishments for people who cause injury to animals, would u consider euthanasia a form of animal cruelty??
Most definitely, though euthanasia on animals is fine. Euthanasia on humans would be a fine thing too, but people seem to be arguing the point as though they are certain of never suffering a painful death. Pathetic *****.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
they should be locked in a room with a tiger or lion.Hopefully they will attack the person istead of sh*****g like they usually do
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sire)
Most definitely, though euthanasia on animals is fine. Euthanasia on humans would be a fine thing too, but people seem to be arguing the point as though they are certain of never suffering a painful death. Pathetic *****.
thats what i thought, why do eo have the right to euthanise animales but its murder if we euthanise humans, also its always by human consent, the animal never has the choice to voice its opinion (for obvious reasons)
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by eric bischoff)
they should be locked in a room with a tiger or lion.Hopefully they will attack the person istead of sh*****g like they usually do
totally agree, no human would like it if an animal killed one of us
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yea see how they like it!!

and hi by the way
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That's because humans are more important than animals.
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by eric bischoff)
yea see how they like it!!

and hi by the way
hey hun xx
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
At the end of the day whether you like it or not a human life is seen throughout society as of greater importance than that of an animal life hence medical breakthroughs have occured as a result on testings on animals which have saved thousands of lives.........
At the end of the day if you view yourself an anti vivisectionist you shouldnt do with at half i.e. you may aswell go the whole way i.e. no leather shoes/coats, no meat, no medicine (after all most have been tested on animals to produce them) etc, at the end of the day your argument is we are all equal correct?
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr White)
That's because humans are more important than animals.
animals have done far more for us compared to what we have done for them, take shire horses 4 example, at 1 time they where our only choice of commercial transportation
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
At the end of the day whether you like it or not a human life is seen throughout society as of greater importance than that of an animal life hence medical breakthroughs have occured as a result on testings on animals which have saved thousands of lives.........
At the end of the day if you view yourself an anti vivisectionist you shouldnt do with at half i.e. you may aswell go the whole way i.e. no leather shoes/coats, no meat, no medicine (after all most have been tested on animals to produce them) etc, at the end of the day your argument is we are all equal correct?
Exactly. I fully support vivisection in order to find medicines and cures to diseases (Alzheimer's disease would probably be cured by now if it wasn't for idiot protesters and government ham-handedness). Vivisection for the purpose of cosmetics is wrong, though. No animal should die for the sake of some shampoo.
Amy
Rep:
?
very much so, what im arguing about is when some one bys a dog say and then beats it leaves out in the cold or what ever, or puppie farms, things that were never neccessary
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
animals have done far more for us compared to what we have done for us , take shire horses 4 example, at 1 time they where our only choice of commercial transportation
Not really relevant - maintaining human life is more important than the lives of a couple of rats and monkeys (only 1% of animals used in testing actually die, anyway).
Amy
Rep:
?
Not really relevant - maintaining human life is more important than the lives of a couple of rats and monkeys (only 1% of animals used in testing actually die, anyway).
but because of this, lots of species are close to extinction i.e the giant panda
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
In society as it is we need animals to test on for scientific breakthroughs to thousands of humas suffering with either teminal or non terminal illnesses. Hence all the animal rights groups I believe are there in order to 'just' protest. We are becoming a generation we are keen to prove that we havent slumped into political apathy so we protest in order for the sake of it rather than for its causes. This is very sad indeed and I condemn the activists who stopped the cambridge medical center to be built which was working on cures for various motor neurone illnesses.
They should be ashamed of themselves....,
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
but because of this, lots of species are close to extinction i.e the giant panda
Well, of course. Whereas every other animal is capable of adapting to their environement, humans adapt the environment to fit them. This means that a lot of other species will die in the quest to sell big-macs in every corner of the world.
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I dont believe it is truely relevant who dies it is more relevant what they die for i.e. did they aid a scientific breakthrough or was it merely a test. Stringent measures I do believe need to be taken to ensure if animal testing takes place it isnt in vain and correct procedures are followed!
Amy
Rep:
?
In society as it is we need animals to test on for scientific breakthroughs to thousands of humas suffering with either teminal or non terminal illnesses. Hence all the animal rights groups I believe are there in order to 'just' protest. We are becoming a generation we are keen to prove that we havent slumped into political apathy so we protest in order for the sake of it rather than for its causes. This is very sad indeed and I condemn the activists who stopped the cambridge medical center to be built which was working on cures for various motor neurone illnesses.
They should be ashamed of themselves....,
i do believe in animal testing but not when its purely for cosmetic reasons, or when they give live guinea pigs stomach cancer just to test out toothpaste
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I dont believe it is truely relevant who dies it is more relevant what they die for i.e. did they aid a scientific breakthrough or was it merely a test. Stringent measures I do believe need to be taken to ensure if animal testing takes place it isnt in vain and correct procedures are followed!
Like I said, human life should be maintained (even at the cost of some animals). Animals dying in cosmetic testing is wrong, however.
Amy
Rep:
?
here here!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads