Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I've tried to write this a billion times, but it never felt right.. but I think this is the closest to displaying the truth

I've just started seeing someone, it's complicated due to the ex girlfriend (2 year relationship ended just over 1 month ago). We're trying to take it slow because we've been such amazing friends for such a long time and to loose that would be awful. But also because he still loves her. Yet we're no longer in the friends zone. And there is no way I could return to that.

I guess I'm just asking for advice, and stories of anyone else who has had this situation? How do we get through this phase? Can I play any role in trying to get him to forget about her quicker? As in he still doesn't speak to her, she has his stuff still, and he still has memoirs of her. I want him to get rid of the memoirs, get his stuff back and him to no longer love her. How do I do this? Do I just have to wait? Because I'm truly fed up of that.

sorry to say it but it seems like a bit of a **** up. you should have waited for him to move on 1st

You can't force him to move on from her. No-one can just switch feelings on and off, before you go any further with your relationship, you need to give him the space to get over his ex. Plus, do you really want to be with someone who loves someone else anyway?!

It's very unreasonable to expect him to be over his ex after 4 weeks, especially after a 2 year relationship. You should have waited longer.....this is gonna end in tears, and they're gonna be your tears!
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.