Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Quick Question Regarding Parents. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.

I applied for SF. Finished the long application and submitted it online. My parents also filled in the details within my application and registered.

Since they do not really use the computer, they do not have email addresses to register. So I registered them with two spare email accounts I have.

My Dad got an email sent with his secret question and secret answer to reset. But on the other email address on my mums there is no email at all?

Even though my application has been submitted and sent, will this affect it?

What is the use of the parents having separate accounts?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine but your mother may have trouble logging in if she needs to in the future, but if she phones student finance they should be able to sort it.

The reason they have separate accounts is because some people may wish to keep their financial details private from others. So they may want to fill it in themselves and not let their children or even their partner know how much they earn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    You should be fine but your mother may have trouble logging in if she needs to in the future, but if she phones student finance they should be able to sort it.

The reason they have separate accounts is because some people may wish to keep their financial details private from others. So they may want to fill it in themselves and not let their children or even their partner know how much they earn.
    Are they there just as a choice? Well in the application, they had to fill in income etc, and my parents did not mind, would that still be okay?

If the SF form is submitted, does that usually mean it has been completed? Or will there be other material to fill out?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.