Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalDoom)
    (2.5 x 10^5) x 4 (as there are 4 moles of NO) x -909kJmol^-1
    i figured out, in fact it is the opposite of what u said.

(2.5 x 10^5)/4 x 909

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sixthformer)
    [SIZE="7"]Do you have to draw dots on your radicals or not

also, when do you draw these dots

some mark schemes take away marks for drawing dots on radicals, some penalise you for not drawing them

what!
    [/SIZE]
    some say ignore yeah, but which papers say penalise?

ReputationRep:
    Last exam, woo!

But, haven't done much revision.

ReputationRep:
    Sitting here doing past papers for the first time. I quite like these calculation questions. These 11 mark questions... not so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YingYang)
    Sitting here doing past papers for the first time. I quite like these calculation questions. These 11 mark questions... not so much

I'm the opposite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolo-x)
    if anyone wants to see some notes, i've attached mine here and pleeease let me know if there's anything wrong or missing that i need to know about!
    Thanks for the great notes.

I hate this exam i did it last year and got a D, then when I did theexma in Jan and I got exactly the same mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sixthformer)
    Do you have to draw dots on your radicals or not

also, when do you draw these dots

some mark schemes take away marks for drawing dots on radicals, some penalise you for not drawing them

what!
    Our teacher was surprised when we did not have to draw radicals for some reactions, I didn't know you can be penalised!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High VOLTAGE)
    some say ignore yeah, but which papers say penalise?
    I know in all the papers i have done, they say ignore all dots for the ocr A papers. So if you put them in, they might change their marking criteria, but if they dont, they wont look at it. I put them in anyway, just in case they change it for tomorrow.

(Original post by YingYang)
    I must be one of the few people that love the long questions at the end of the paper. I like the questions when they ask you to draw the Boltsmann distribution and enthalpy profile diagram for a catalysed reaction-easy 7-8 marks there for me. I think the identifying compounds questions at the end, like when they give you data like mass spectrometry, infrared spectroscopy etc, are pretty good as well. But that is probably just me....

ReputationRep:
    proper hate the long questions. never structure them properly. its where i lose my marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim Lee)
    I know in all the papers i have done, they say ignore all dots for the ocr A papers. So if you put them in, they might change their marking criteria, but if they dont, they wont look at it. I put them in anyway, just in case they change it for tomorrow.

I must be one of the few people that love the long questions at the end of the paper. I like the questions when they ask you to draw the Boltsmann distribution and enthalpy profile diagram for a catalysed reaction-easy 7-8 marks there for me. I think the identifying compounds questions at the end, like when they give you data like mass spectrometry, infrared spectroscopy etc, are pretty good as well. But that is probably just me....
    Can you please explain to me how you work out The Molecular formula of a compound using mass spectrometry i under the peak ion gives you the Mr of it but the other bits really confuse me

ReputationRep:
    if anyone wants to see some notes, i've attached mine here and pleeease let me know if there's anything wrong or missing that i need to know about!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc CHEMISTRY UNIT 2.doc (325.0 KB, 631 views)

ReputationRep:
    I hope we get a question on the Cahn-Ingold-Prelog nomenclature, its the one thing i really understand!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim Lee)

huh which paper asks about Boltsmann distribution ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naza911)
    Thanks for the great notes.

I hate this exam i did it last year and got a D, then when I did theexma in Jan and I got exactly the same mark
    oh dear, fingers crossed for tomorrow then! have you done all the past papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by breed77)
    I hope we get a question on the Cahn-Ingold-Prelog nomenclature, its the one thing i really understand!
    what is that?! do you just mean naming things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyro1000)
    proper hate the long questions. never structure them properly. its where i lose my marks
    You don't need any structure, just bullet point and make sure you use equations. As our chemistry teacher says, "if you wanted to write essays you should have taken a namby pamby subject like english or history"

ReputationRep:
    You don't need any structure, just bullet point and make sure you use equations. As our chemistry teacher says, "if you wanted to write essays you should have taken a namby pamby subject like english or history"
    haha ours is just like that, even says social science isnt science xD she's awesome
    il remember that, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolo-x)
    It looks great, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Same... and I do English aswell.. :rolleyes: lol

But bullet points FTW<3

ReputationRep:
    what the hell is that?:confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2011
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.