Turn on thread page Beta

OCR AS - Chemistry Unit F322 - Chains, energy and resource - REVISION! watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ChessMister)
    Other products produced, slow rate, high activation energy, is what I put, as it didn't specify that it wanted only one answer, which they usually do with, "Give one reason why etc..."
    Same! I put 2 answers because I saw it didn't specify one reason - I put other products produced and too high activation energy, as I'd just done a past paper with those as the answers an hour before. Needless to say I was happy at the sight of the question! :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatnan)
    ethyl propanoate
    I got ehtyl propanoate too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viksta1000)
    +33

You had to divide by 2 to per enthalpy change per mole
    I put 0

Thought it said the enthalpy change of formation, and there were only elements there, and I got confused haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robpattinsonxxx)
    For the last part will there be marks for the fragment ions that I found? even though i got the propanoic acid wrong
    Possibly, but it's doubtful. It wasn't really helpful in identifying the compound, since you had the m/z peak anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesomesauce)
    Samesies! Boom!
    Also, around -1270 can't remember exact. Ethyl Propanoate. Methylated spirits (probably wrong).

THe only question I was really unsure about was the 'how is IR spec used to analyse NOx in the atomosphere and other pollutants ect'?/
    I put different bonds absorb IR of different frequencies so you could compare the spectra to see how much N-O bonds are present or something like that

ReputationRep:
    i thought atom economy is more important because the process is more sustainable because i came across a question just like that in a past paper...all in all, i think its a good paper for a person to retake
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by viksta1000)
    +33

You had to divide by 2 to per enthalpy change per mole
    I nearly got caught out there, thank god I re-iterated the definition of enthalpy change of formation in my head to realise it was one mole of a substance is formed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolo-x)
    I put different bonds absorb IR of different frequencies so you could compare the spectra to see how much N-O bonds are present or something like that
    I wrote take a sample of air and pass it through an IR spectrometer and see how big the N-O peak is. Total guess haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racheatworld)
    Same! I put 2 answers because I saw it didn't specify one reason - I put other products produced and too high activation energy, as I'd just done a past paper with those as the answers an hour before. Needless to say I was happy at the sight of the question! :five:
    In past papers that my teacher has marked i got the mark for just saying that the reaction does not take place directly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseppea)
    I put that other compounds might've been formed by the reactants. :dontknow:
    you're right cos you won't just get one product, you'll end up with several products

ReputationRep:
    I nearly got caught out there, thank god I re-iterated the definition of enthalpy change of formation in my head to realise it was one mole of a substance is formed.
    I don't think I even thought of moles, I took a stab on another thought and got it correct!

ReputationRep:
    What question was that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanFoley)
    I don't think I even thought of moles, I took a stab on another thought and got it correct!
    but the question didn't specifically say standard enthalpy change of formation, it just enthalpy change of formation

ReputationRep:
    Yesss LOL i got ethyl propanoate too guys

ReputationRep:
    Was it D and E that were the stereoisomers?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else pissed at how they learnt electrophillic addition and radical substitution but only got the chance to show off their nucleophillic substitution knowledge!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmithytheDrummer)
    That's what I put so hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yarpie)
    I don't think there will be marks for naming the compounds X, Y and Z. Only for finding the structural formula. For those types of questions they usually say ignore names.
    i hope so
    i got the structure right but for some weird reason i called the ester butyl propanoate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmithytheDrummer)
    The E/Z isomer was G.

Wait, what question on stereoisomers was there?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yarpie)
    I don't think there will be marks for naming the compounds X, Y and Z. Only for finding the structural formula. For those types of questions they usually say ignore names.
    It said identify, not draw the structure though..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.