Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peanut)
    well, i did. i also stated heteroltics fission for both of them and said why one was slower and why the other was faster.
    Damnnn i knew it was a nucleophilic substitution aswell, but just didnt write it, how many marks do u think i will lose?

ReputationRep:
    maybe 2, i'm not sure to be honest, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave_Beeston)
    Do you think i'll lose a mark if I said that the molecular ion peak was at 47? But still worked out the right answer in the end?
    I have no idea. I ignored the 47 peak, but didn't say why. I think they might be lenient as not many people knew about carbon-13 and all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChessMister)
    Do you think I will get a mark for putting poison as a use for methanol ?!?
    LOL you just made me LOOOOL like a mad person. What an answer! Positive rating (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Killjoy-)
    I have no idea. I ignored the 47 peak, but didn't say why. I think they might be lenient as not many people knew about carbon-13 and all.
    I just added a random H atom in panic... I literally just added him in Carbon 13.... eughhh

ReputationRep:
    i put antifreeze for methanol ..is that even right?? LOL

ReputationRep:
    To the person who put poison as an alternate use - genius! I would give you marks for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilpg)
    i put antifreeze for methanol ..is that even right?? LOL
    wasn't that the example they gave?

ReputationRep:
    Gotta say I really liked the paper. The long questions were nice, and I don't think I screwed up too badly on anything (although the question about increasing pressure in an equilibrium, I filled the whole space with the wrong answer, so had to scribble it all out and re-write it :rolleyes:).

ReputationRep:
    Also, for methanol, I put methylated spirits which are used to remove paint but LOL at poison.

ReputationRep:
    For the use of methanol, I put to make esters with carboxylic acids? That's kind of organic feedstock maybe? Dunno, what do you think?

For the formation one, I got +1279, I didn't know whether to put + or - but that should only be one mark if the answer was +/-1279?

I missed out nucleophilic substitution too for the description of hydrolysis, but I based my answer on the bullet points and that wasn't one of them.

For the isomer of butane, I put 1-methylpropane I think, which is like the same thing. PFFFFFFFT.

For the +66 thing, I put +132 and doubled it instead of halving it because I saw the 2 and I was like..ahh double it as there are 2 moles of it.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, for that strange question on use of methanol, i put an additive in the fuel of racing cars as i vaugely remembered it from the txtbook. Can anyone confirm this?

Overall nice paper with some shockinly random green chemistry and a stupid module 1 question on bond shapes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryKoi)
    OH CRAP it was meant to be endothermic! :woo:

I'm beating myself up over this thread! :mob:
    it was meant to be exothermic. i remember it saying exothermic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shooby_doo)
    I got ethylethanoate for Z ....
    Done exactly what you done , aghh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abused Tampon)
    it was meant to be exothermic. i remember it saying exothermic
    I could have sworn it was endothermic because that reaction of NO + O2 = 2NO2 is endothermic.

ReputationRep:
    Darn it TSR seems to be losing its touch. Usually, there would have been the full unofficial mark scheme and/or scanned papers of the exam up by now :P

ReputationRep:
    **** i couldnt do the last question properlyy :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetobbit)
    Quick question, for that strange question on use of methanol, i put an additive in the fuel of racing cars as i vaugely remembered it from the txtbook. Can anyone confirm this?

Overall nice paper with some shockinly random green chemistry and a stupid module 1 question on bond shapes
    Yeah you are right. However the question specifically asked for a use apart from fuel so you won't get any marks unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heatheroink123)
    For the +66 thing, I put +132 and doubled it instead of halving it because I saw the 2 and I was like..ahh double it as there are 2 moles of it.
    Well that's better than what I did. I didn't see that there were 2 moles, I just literally wrote +66 because I had no idea and thought maybe they were testing you knew what deltaH meant hah. If that's one of my only dropped marks i'll be happy :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Funky-buddha*)
    Darn it TSR seems to be losing its touch. Usually, there would have been the full unofficial mark scheme and/or scanned papers of the exam up by now :P
    Haha, agreed. I tried to get one going, didn't get very far :dontknow:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.