Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peanut)
    i used the bond angles to help explain teh shape
    What did you do on the question for international awareness of incineration of plastics?

ReputationRep:
    anyone made a mark scheme yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shooby_doo)
    Does anyone have OCR psychology?
    yep ive got psychology on tues 7th

ReputationRep:
    ****!!! 2-methyl-propan-2-ol!!!
    i freaking put sth like trimethylmethanol.... my brain wasn't working

ReputationRep:
    I spent my journey home crying about this paper..
    it went terribly.

ReputationRep:
    Thought this was quite a good exam.

Fairly straight forward, weren't any ridiculous molecules thrown into the questions.

They gave plenty of information for that 10 marker, absolute gift of a question.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, does HCL form either radicals? or Acid rain??

i put esterification for methanol use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m.ben)
    I found the paper ok - not too hard nd liked the 10 marker at end .. just laugh at myself coz for the carboxylic acid i got the molecular formula of propanoic but wrote ethanoic - what an idiot - hopefully will only lose couple of marks for it !!! :rolleyes:
    omg I did exactly the same thing and I have been beating myself up about it ever since because I know what it is I just wrote the wrong thing in the heat of the moment!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Abused Tampon)
    it was meant to be exothermic. i remember it saying exothermic
    Phew!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many marks Q7 and Q8 were worth? I inexplicably though it was the end of the paper, FAIL, after the 10 mark and 3 mark question on Q6. I think they were 20 marks which means it is virtually impossible to get an A, but I think it might have been more as I didn't see them until the last few seconds and was like aaaaaaah. They sound as if they weren't too bad either... I'm thinking resit

ReputationRep:
    what was the answer for the last question? i got ethyl propanoate but a load of other people got methyl propanoate and ethylethanoate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandit Bandit)
    what was the answer for the last question? i got ethyl propanoate but a load of other people got methyl propanoate and ethylethanoate
    You were right they were wrong
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by _Say_Goodbye_)
    Does anyone know how many marks Q7 and Q8 were worth? I inexplicably though it was the end of the paper, FAIL, after the 10 mark and 3 mark question on Q6. I think they were 20 marks which means it is virtually impossible to get an A, but I think it might have been more as I didn't see them until the last few seconds and was like aaaaaaah. They sound as if they weren't too bad either... I'm thinking resit
    Question 8? Was there a Q8? I thought the last question was question 7 about using Infrared and Mass spec to work out X, Y and ester Z. Anyone remember if there was a Q8?
    Q7 was worth 10 marks I think?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by racheatworld)
    Question 8? Was there a Q8? I thought the last question was question 7 about using Infrared and Mass spec to work out X, Y and ester Z. Anyone remember if there was a Q8?
    Q7 was worth 10 marks I think?
    The X Y Z question was the last one. I remember because I had to continue the answer onto the next page which was one of those additional pages at the end.

ReputationRep:
    I literally have no idea!! I just did the last part of question 6, with 3 boxes where you had to draw the products and thought it was the end of the paper, sorry if I'm worrying you aha but yeah I just wondered how many guaranteed marks I've lost... I think it must have been more than 10, maybe 20+

ReputationRep:
    for the nucleophillic substittuion, i did the mechanism correctly and i left k as a ion (K+) Near it .
    does anyone think i might gt marked down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bites)
    for the nucleophillic substittuion, i did the mechanism correctly and i left k as a ion (K+) Near it .
    does anyone think i might gt marked down
    I think it's in solution so it should just stay as K+, that's what I wrote anyway! But I'm a fail

ReputationRep:
    who for the last question got ethyl propanoate? i forgot how an ester ended then it hit me it was oate but i wrote ate -facepalm- i hope they dont mark me down on spellin =/

ReputationRep:
    Question 5, did it stay as a cyclic.or go to a chain when you added hydrogen gas?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timdr)
    Question 5, did it stay as a cyclic.or go to a chain when you added hydrogen gas?!
    Hmm, looks like i only did 5 questions FML. I thought the hydrogen just added across the C--C double bond and so it stayed cyclic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.