Turn on thread page Beta

OCR AS - Chemistry Unit F322 - Chains, energy and resource - REVISION! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryKoi)
    Yes exactly! I chose the one on the bottom left, I can't remember what the letter was though. It consisted of a C=C bond, one Hydrogen attached to each Carbon and then I think it was a CH3 group attached to each Carbon
    same lol atleast someone agrees with me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king1234)
    id cry if were both wrong lmao
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    id cry if were both wrong lmao
    haha woooo :five:

edit: okay I just quoted the wrong reply and now I look like a retard. But anyway, don't worry we can't be! That molecule was the only one that met the E/Z criteria. I know the one next to it had a C=C double bond but the Carbon atoms were attached to different groups

ReputationRep:

edit: okay I just quoted the wrong reply and now I look like a retard. But anyway, don't worry we can't be! That molecule was the only one that met the E/Z criteria. I know the one next to it had a C=C double bond but the Carbon atoms were attached to different groups
    what did you gte in f321 lol i found this paper a lot harder than past papers
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    what did you gte in f321 lol i found this paper a lot harder than past papers
    I got a C. I got a B in the ISAs so I'm hoping to bring that C up to a B. What did you get? And same, it was pretty hard compared to last year's paper. I just hope the grade boundaries are really low

ReputationRep:
    i made some silly mistakes. put pyramidal instead of trigonal planar and i knew it was that but my brain was silly.

overall it was quite an alright paper! quite confident about last two questions but i know i made so many silly mistakes on the shorter questions LOL woops

ReputationRep:
    I got a C. I got a B in the ISAs so I'm hoping to bring that C up to a B. What did you get? And same, it was pretty hard compared to last year's paper. I just hope the grade boundaries are really low
    i got a B
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Totally agree, there was only one E/Z isomer and it was bottom-left, letter G. Also the question said "Identify the e/z isomer" (not isomers), so there was only 1.

(Original post by bagelbe)
    Do you think I'll get a mark for writing that hydrolysis with Cl occurs faster as polarity decreases down the group?
    No, in my notes it says polarity has no effect on the rate of hydrolysis, because C-Cl is more polar than C-Br, but reacts at a slower rate. Plus, what you said "hydrolysis with Cl occurs faster" would've lost you the mark, its the haloalkane with Br in it that will react faster.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    [QUOTE=racheatworld;31770656]Totally agree, there was only one E/Z isomer and it was bottom-left, letter G. Also the question said "Identify the e/z isomer" (not isomers), so there was only 1.

This is exactly what I was thinking! Do you by any chance remember if the enthalpy profile diagram was supposed to be endothermic or exothermic?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    This is exactly what I was thinking! Do you by any chance remember if the enthalpy profile diagram was supposed to be endothermic or exothermic?
    Yes, endothermic (well that's what I drew).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by racheatworld)
    Ah ok thanks.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=StrawberryKoi;31770689]
    Totally agree, there was only one E/Z isomer and it was bottom-left, letter G. Also the question said "Identify the e/z isomer" (not isomers), so there was only 1.

endo 100 percent lol beacuse i drew exo first then was think fk me lol quickly rubbed it out then drew endothermic

ReputationRep:
    what did you get for the equilbruim one about pressure

ReputationRep:
    can you say a mass use of methanol is esterification?

ReputationRep:
    No, in my notes it says polarity has no effect on the rate of hydrolysis, because C-Cl is more polar than C-Br, but reacts at a slower rate. Plus, what you said "hydrolysis with Cl occurs faster" would've lost you the mark, its the haloalkane with Br in it that will react faster.
    Oh ok thanks! Only one mark though pretty sure I got the diagrams and other explanations right

ReputationRep:
    guys something is kinda bugging me, for the incomplete combustion of methanol, I put:

CH3OH + 1O2 --> Co + 2H20

you reckon they'll not give me the mark because I left the one in front of 02? proper irritating me

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was the breakdown of the ozone equations question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phenylethylamine_)
    How many marks was the breakdown of the ozone equations question?
    3 marks

ReputationRep:
    does anyone think the grade boundaries will be lower for this one i found it harder than june2010 and jan 11 anyone agree lol if not im stuffed wont gte my A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gradu)
    I just added a random H atom in panic... I literally just added him in Carbon 13.... eughhh
    OMG! Same...
    I guess I'm not the only one...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.