The Student Room Group

OCR AS - Chemistry Unit F322 - Chains, energy and resource - REVISION!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
For that halogenoalkane nucleophilic substitution mechanism I compared c-f c-cl c-br c-I.. I did the drawing of the mechanism for bromobutane(whatever it was) but compared bond enthalpies of all the c-x bonds mentioned earlier do you think they ll deduce marks for bascially do more than was asked. End of the day I did do a comparsion between c-cl and c-br so I reckon I'm ill be okay, ill see what my teacher makes of it..there's no doubt she ll call me a idiot but in the nicest possible sense lol
can someone please post an unofficial markscheme/ question paper ( so others can do a markscheme)??
i really want to know how well i did!! thanks
Reply 1302
Original post by lordvulture
can someone please post an unofficial markscheme/ question paper ( so others can do a markscheme)??
i really want to know how well i did!! thanks

same here lol did you think the exam was harder than previous years
some ppl have copies of the paper.... please take pics or whtever and post it thnx
Reply 1304
some ppl have copies of the paper.... please take pics or whtever and post it thnx

doubt that will happen when i go back to school il get a copy on monday and will post it up seen as though no one on here is
Original post by kingam
doubt that will happen when i go back to school il get a copy on monday and will post it up seen as though no one on here is

thanks a lot :P cant wait till monday xD
Reply 1306
thanks a lot :P cant wait till monday xD

how well do you think you done and did you find it harder than june 2010 and jan 11 i did lmao
i personally found this paper easier, as this is my third time doing the paper (LOL) so im a lot more experienced! but comparing to the other papers that i took, this could well have been the hardest...well not hard, but they really tried their best to trick you out...

Heres hoping for a nice now grade boundary.....i need as many UMS points as i can get!
Reply 1308
Original post by potentialmedicalstudent
i personally found this paper easier, as this is my third time doing the paper (LOL) so im a lot more experienced! but comparing to the other papers that i took, this could well have been the hardest...well not hard, but they really tried their best to trick you out...

Heres hoping for a nice now grade boundary.....i need as many UMS points as i can get!

lmao kk what did you get in your first and second sitting, third time you've probably smashed the paper
112 1st time

118 2nd time

i'm hoping for anything above 130 please lol
Reply 1310
Original post by potentialmedicalstudent
112 1st time

118 2nd time

i'm hoping for anything above 130 please lol

lol kk im just hoping for 110 on this one lol if i resit in jan i know il get higher lol jan 11 was quiet easy i thought lol
Original post by kingam
lol kk im just hoping for 110 on this one lol if i resit in jan i know il get higher lol jan 11 was quiet easy i thought lol

it was, i was robbed on that paper, i lost stupid marks....on infrared absorbtion peaks...i put a peak at...... as opposed to around..... and i lost 3 marks
and all that different weights of isotopes and stuff, but o well
hopefully third time lucky, and i hope you get your grades too! :smile:
Original post by barzy_j
I doubt their that harsh, I think I put at, and that is no way something they can mark you down on. I can't even remember the isotopes.

lol they are, i ordered back my paper and the markscheme, and it clearly says do not accept 'at', so that was 3 marks which i was robbed off, that would have secured an A grade for that paper lol

But hey-ho, 3rd time lucky
Original post by barzy_j
,You just said you got the paper back so how do you know the mark scheme? I put in my answer at and then put the range of the absorptions, so two values, say 2550-3100 or whatever, if you use the term 'at" in that context then that is right'

you do know im talking abt the JAN 2011 paper, not JUNE 2011....the mark scheme for Jan 2011 is available, and having ordered my actual paper back, and cross referencing it with the mark scheme, i saw i had lost three marks for putting the word 'at' as opposed to 'around' ......

that is why you probably dont remember the isotope question............because you are talking abt the wrong paper.

and your right, at can be used in the the right context, such as the last question of JUNE 2011 paper, but when the question asks "predict/suggest" where the peaks will be.........being specific by using the word "at" is wrong....as i found out the hard way lol
please someone post the paper or unofficial markscheme, ireally need one ;(
Reply 1315
please someone post the paper or unofficial markscheme, ireally need one ;(

so do i no one is going to post one looks like it
Original post by kingam
so do i no one is going to post one looks like it

king i thought u could get a paper when u get bck to school?? i was relying on u please :P
Reply 1317
king i thought u could get a paper when u get bck to school?? i was relying on u please :P

have it on weds promise teacher wasnt in im not lying lol
Original post by kingam
have it on weds promise teacher wasnt in im not lying lol

haha k thnx bro ;P
I'll try and get my chem teachers to help me to make a markscheme if u can get hold of the paper xD
hey king have u got the paper yet? :P

Quick Reply

Latest