The Student Room Group

Anyone else struggling to get admin jobs?

I've been applying for these for a few weeks, my CV is up on totaljobs. So far the only feedback I've got is from people who've seen my profile on TJ and want to offer me call centre stuff or sales. I've applied for 10 jobs and had one response - to say they are looking for someone with more experience.
Get some voluntary admin experience then.
Reply 2
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Get some voluntary admin experience then.

What's the best way to go about that. There were a real lack of volunteering options on gumtree.
Original post by Mick Travis
What's the best way to go about that. There were a real lack of volunteering options on gumtree.

Www.do-it.org
I've noticed it's much harder to get admin jobs. I've applied to loads and the only one I was offered is working 6am-2pm opening post which I'm doing now. Like GodspeedGehenna said maybe volunteering is the way forward?
Reply 5
The problem is people are applying for any job they can get at the moment. You're up against people with years, if not decades, of experience and/or qualifications.

Volunteering is a great way to gain experience in a number of fields. Desperately trying to get some myself, but not many are interested because I can't work during office hours, as I already have a job during office hours! Hmmm. Then it's a vicious cycle as I can't get into the field I want with no experience, but I can't afford not to work!

It's really horrible out there at the moment.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending