Turn on thread page Beta

How do you see your boyfriend/girlfriend over the holidays? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm lucky in that my boyfriend only lives an hour or so away... The problem is that due to family circumstances it's going to prove difficult to stay at one anothers houses. For example sharing room with siblings/ brother with ADHD etc

I just wondered how you guys see your partners over the holidays... I was thinking hotel? But that's very expensive.

It's not for the whole sex thing either that I'd wanna spend the night with him... Just because it's a nicer experience that going to visit him or vice versa for a few hours.

Xxxx

ReputationRep:
    if you split the cost of like a travel lodge or premier inn or something, then for s night it probably wouldn't cost you much at all, you could meet up half way between your two towns?

personally my bf and I meet up at our uni house during the holiday and go out for the day in that town, or he'll visit my town for the day, or we'll meet somewhere for the day. more often than not meet at uni house though.

but then the cheap hotel thing could work too something a bit different! haha

ReputationRep:
    With my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameraGirl)
    if you split the cost of like a travel lodge or premier inn or something, then for s night it probably wouldn't cost you much at all, you could meet up half way between your two towns?

personally my bf and I meet up at our uni house during the holiday and go out for the day in that town, or he'll visit my town for the day, or we'll meet somewhere for the day. more often than not meet at uni house though.

but then the cheap hotel thing could work too something a bit different! haha
    Deffo a good shout! It's the most stessful thing. It's gone from seeing him everyday at university (same accomodation) to like once a month. GAHH hahaha xx

ReputationRep:
    one word: entrapment.
    for the past few weeks my boyfriend has been living at my place,because our uni timetables improved (lessons finished/coursework submitted) as easter break was approaching.

we are currently trying to complete 'gran turismo 5' on my ps3.
    i have told him that he cannot return to his family until this objective has been met. unfortunately he is very good at this game, and the game has nearly been completed...... i must think up of a new, more longterm way of keeping him here U_U'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superfrank)
    I just wondered how you guys see your partners over the holidays... I was thinking hotel? But that's very expensive.

It's not for the whole sex thing either that I'd wanna spend the night with him... Just because it's a nicer experience that going to visit him or vice versa for a few hours.
    I deal by going shopping and playing ddr and seeing movies with her. I'm not sure why you need a hotel to enjoy time with him. Time alone and in a small room where no one is judging.

ReputationRep:
    I don't...

Well I didn't over Christmas. This time I'm heading back to uni accomodation for a couple of days but that's more it was an easy way to do so and she was going to be there anyway.

Mostly, just over Skype

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superfrank)
    Deffo a good shout! It's the most stessful thing. It's gone from seeing him everyday at university (same accomodation) to like once a month. GAHH hahaha xx
    i know exactly how you feel! holiday inn is quite cheap too apparently doesnt have to be anything too posh for you to have a nice time i live with my boyfriend at uni haha, tis so weird not seeing him for weeks at a time! especially at first when we were in halls so harder to meet up for long :P gonna be so weird when i leave for america for 9-10 months and he's still here in England good luck, i hope you sort something out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameraGirl)
    i know exactly how you feel! holiday inn is quite cheap too apparently doesnt have to be anything too posh for you to have a nice time i live with my boyfriend at uni haha, tis so weird not seeing him for weeks at a time! especially at first when we were in halls so harder to meet up for long :P gonna be so weird when i leave for america for 9-10 months and he's still here in England good luck, i hope you sort something out!
    Oh my lifeeee! Same situation haha, he's the one off to the USA for a year though! Thank you babe, I hope you do too! Xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    one word: entrapment.
    for the past few weeks my boyfriend has been living at my place,because our uni timetables improved (lessons finished/coursework submitted) as easter break was approaching.

we are currently trying to complete 'gran turismo 5' on my ps3.
    i have told him that he cannot return to his family until this objective has been met. unfortunately he is very good at this game, and the game has nearly been completed...... i must think up of a new, more longterm way of keeping him here U_U'
    You are actually the perfect girlfriend.

Forced to play video games? Wow, I want you now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm lucky in that I go to my local uni and he lives within walking distance :p:

As has already been suggested, split the costs for a night in Premier Inn or something. If it's cheap enough, you can even do that on a somewhat regular basis so you get to spend the night together a little more often.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.