The Student Room Group

Staring at some one you like

Is it considered good or bad ,to say hold your eye contact with some one ?

I had this massive crush on this girl , once .I saw her in uni the other day as I was walking towards her..I ended up holding my eye contact for longer than usual .

Does it show confidence or creepiness ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depends on how your staring at her
Reply 2
If you're good looking - confidence
If you're ugly - creepiness

N.B.
If you keep doing it without talking to her it'll come across as creepy (and you might also appear lacking in confidence) - regardless of what you look like.
(edited 13 years ago)
Hmmm, it depends. Do you smile when you stare?

As long as she doesn't notice it should be ok.

If I was the girl I would be embarrassed and shy but woudn't find it scary, that's only if you made it clear you werent just being creepy.

If you didn make it clear (by smiling etc.) then I would find it incredibly creepy.
Reply 4
If she's staring back it's generally ok. Best to talk to her, though.
Reply 5
No , I didnt smile :frown: ..thats because she was looking at me as well with a mutual expression .
Reply 6
Eye contact with someone you like is good, not necessarily staring in a pervy way though. Also, as stated, if you're vile, it won't be interprested as good and will not end well. Jus sayin'.
Reply 7
this is almost exactly what happened ,ignore the language ,and the setting and everything else.Also I have seen her 2 times before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGNunxOLMs
Reply 8
Original post by midlandsman
If you're good looking - confidence
If you're ugly - creepiness

N.B.
If you keep doing it without talking to her it'll come across as creepy (and you might also appear lacking in confidence) - regardless of what you look like.

ok I choose the first option
Flop out your manroot and stare at her with your other eye.

Chicks dig confidence.
:ninja:Creepy. Especially when done with small or squinty eyes
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
this is almost exactly what happened ,ignore the language ,and the setting and everything else.Also I have seen her 2 times before

lol
depends on what kind of stare
If she stares back with like a 'i love you' stare, its good
if she stares back with a 'go away you pervert' look, its bad

creepy if they're not staring back as well
Reply 13
Well what else do you expect me to do on the tube on my way to work :sexface:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by j.laurence
Well what else do you expect me to do on the tube on my to work :sexface:

improve your grammar?
Is it considered good or bad ,to say hold your eye contact with some one ?

I had this massive crush on this girl , once .I saw her in uni the other day as I was walking towards her..I ended up holding my eye contact for longer than usual .

Does it show confidence or creepiness ?

Ask her out...ASAP

I once had a huge crush on a girl..
Never manged to gather the confidence to ask her out and lost her forever.... Now its just pain...:frown:
Depends, if by "holding your eye contact" you meant you were staring at her tits then it'll probably be seen as creepy.
OP are you a mind reader? :eek4: I was just thinking of starting a thread about why guys stare so much.

Well I went to an all girls school so if girls stared at you it was because they were talking about you in a bitchy way so I always found it a negative thing.
But it depends on the context.
Now I'm at uni guys always stare as if they've never seen a girl before or something is on my face, so I always think maybe there's something on my face like a massive spot. It's happened so many times that I just get used to the stares.
Even though I read it means someone likes you, but I don't believe that because the guy I like is good looking and too good for me but he always stares at me all the time and there's prettier girls than me at uni.
Staring is generally considered impolite.
Reply 19

creepy.

/thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending