This discussion is closed.
Nafisa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Do you think we should become involved as a nation with Zimbabwei (cant spell!) affairs because surely it has nothing to do with us
Just wondering what peoples constructive views were on this matter!!!!
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Zimbabwe (correct spelling) is in a state of turmoil. The only way a country such as this could ever become self-sufficient is with assistance of countries like Britain.
Aylia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
Do you think we should become involved as a nation with Zimbabwei (cant spell!) affairs because surely it has nothing to do with us
Just wondering what peoples constructive views were on this matter!!!!

What exactly do you think we could for Zimbabwe? And it does have something to do with us as we we were the ones that colonised Zimbabwe in the first place, and also we have an ethical interest as Mugabe is starving his own population for his own political ends. Still not sure we can do anything to help though.
Nafisa
Rep:
?
I dont want to cause any distress to anyone but just suggesting maybe we should concentrate on more domestic pressures rather than international ones at the mo because at the end of the day our government is in a state of turmoil where we are internal politicking to a great extent!!!
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I dont want to cause any distress to anyone but just suggesting maybe we should concentrate on more domestic pressures rather than international ones at the mo because at the end of the day our government is in a state of turmoil where we are internal politicking to a great extent!!!
Yes, we should fix up unemployment, education and crime in this country before Super-Tony flies off to save the rest of the world.
Nafisa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr White)
Yes, we should fix up unemployment, education and crime in this country before Super-Tony flies off to save the rest of the world.
i take it you are hostile towards our PM Mr white do you suggest any other candidates who are viable alternatives!!!!
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i take it you are hostile towards our PM Mr white do you suggest any other candidates who are viable alternatives!!!!
Michael Howard, Oliver Letwin, Theresa May, even Hague or IDS would have done a better job of it.
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Michael Howard, Oliver Letwin, Theresa May, even Hague or IDS would have done a better job of it.
And I am taking it you are perfectly serious on having those how do I put it mildly uncharismatic lards as our PMs. All the hostility the labour government recieved by the public would have been the same under conservative inaugurations thus they would have been very similar to MR Blairs actions thus I suggest they are no viable alternatives to our current situation in UK
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And I am taking it you are perfectly serious on having those how do I put it mildly uncharismatic lards as our PMs. All the hostility the labour government recieved by the public would have been the same under conservative inaugurations thus they would have been very similar to MR Blairs actions thus I suggest they are no viable alternatives to our current situation in UK
Charisma has little to do with it - it comes down to who is the better leader, not who has the most hair.

If the Conservatives aren't the answer, in your opinion, then who is? The Liberal Democrats?
Nafisa
Rep:
?
I think we have got as good as we're going to get with our MR Blair it is so easy to criticise poilitical parties in power with other parties suggesting they will 'make everything better', do they honestly belive we, as a political nation, will get sucked in to their empty rhetoric?
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think we have got as good as we're going to get with our MR Blair it is so easy to criticise poilitical parties in power with other parties suggesting they will 'make everything better', do they honestly belive we, as a political nation, will get sucked in to their empty rhetoric?
The simple fact of the matter is that people are coerced by this propaganda and opportunist criticism. 8/10 people who vote do so knowing virtually nothing about the party's policies, only on the basis of how 'friendly' the leader is.

Mr Blair isn't a bad leader, I'll give him that. But I do think that a couple of his actions (particularly the war, which was none of our business) are flawed.
serendipity
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Totally agree, for once
Nafisa
Rep:
?
The simple fact of the matter is that people are coerced by this propaganda and opportunist criticism. 8/10 people who vote do so knowing virtually nothing about the party's policies, only on the basis of how 'friendly' the leader is.

Mr Blair isn't a bad leader, I'll give him that. But I do think that a couple of his actions (particularly the war, which was none of our business) are flawed.
And what you consider to be flawed is however a policy the conservatives fully and wholeheartedly backed, I do agree there is alot of ignorance in our society we are pulled in to the 'spin' parties plough...definately ...
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
Totally agree, for once
When you think about it, alot of the people affected in zimbabwe were british citizens, and so deserve our help every bit as much as those in the Falklands. I mean the situation in Zimbabwe is appaling - how one man and his cronies can not only seize power, kill hundreds and steal half of the country, but through their short sighted greedy stupidity leave the country on the brink of starvation, and in doing so make the situation worse for millions in neighbouring countries who previously bought the cheap abundant grain from zimbabwe. If they had really wanted to distribute wealth, they would have instigated a stupidly high tax on high earners
And that Mbeki pr1ck doesn't help
God the whole thing p1sses me off
J
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hahahahahahahahahaha.
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Zimbabwe (correct spelling) is in a state of turmoil. The only way a country such as this could ever become self-sufficient is with assistance of countries like Britain.
:rolleyes:
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
:rolleyes:
All well and good rolling your eyes.

I don't know if Zimbabwe really needs British assistance to become self-sufficient as suggested by Mr.White. But what I do know and what cannot de disputed is the complete and utter dog's breakfast Zimbabwe has made of managing it's affairs by itself.
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
All well and good rolling your eyes.

I don't know if Zimbabwe really needs British assistance to become self-sufficient as suggested by Mr.White. But what I do know and what cannot de disputed is the complete and utter dog's breakfast Zimbabwe has made of managing it's affairs by itself.
What a thoughtful assessment of the state of an entire country.

Of course, the colonialist landowners holding the entire country to ransom couldn't possibly have anything to do with the state the country is in. :rolleyes:
Sza
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Hahahahahahahahahaha.
He's not
(Original post by Mr White's Signature)
Mr White - UKL Comedian Of The Year 2003
for no reason.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
What a thoughtful assessment of the state of an entire country.

Of course, the colonialist landowners holding the entire country to ransom couldn't possibly have anything to do with the state the country is in. :rolleyes:
Oh. I thought the evil colonialists were actually the same bunch of people who were skilled and experienced farmers that made Rhodesia, later Zimbabwe, the breadbasket of Africa.

So, it's not that ****in moron Mugabe to blame at all.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
10%
No (9)
90%

Watched Threads