Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am the world's most unhealthiest person ever!

Ok, so im not happy with my body, got quite a bit of fat and muffin top and large ass. I'm not morbidly obese or anything, but just looking at myself in the mirror i get depressed. I can live with the heavier bottom half if i could have a bit more toned/less flabby stomach and lose the love handles so that i can wear the dresses that i want. I know that's the hardest place to lose weight from, so i've been trying to go to the gym and do as much cardio as i can. (Cross trainer, bikes etc on a fairly moderate resistance for 15min bursts, enough to feel it if you know what i mean?)

The only thing is though, i cannot resist temptation. The things that go through my mind when someone invites me to TGI fridays or out for a chinese are:

- You only live once and lifes too short to be worrying about what you eat
    - God wanted me to be this way
    - If everyone looked like Megan Fox, the world would be a boring place.

So you see my dilemma here? I can't get in the right mindset to start eating healthily and gettting in shape for summer. Whenever i do have a health kick week i constantly think about food.

Three letters sum up my predicament at the moment - F M L

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but the excuses that go through your mind are really crap, lets me rephrase them for you.

-you only live once and if you're the fat bird who pigs out constantly then no part of a hot guy will ever be in a part of you
    -God is dead (Nietzsche)
    -no, if everyone looked exactly like megan fox we'd all be having hawt lesbian sex right now :drool:

I mean, just look

ReputationRep:
    have you heard of t5s? they meant to be really good at helping surpress your appetite ive just ordered mine and they are meant to help you lose 7lb a week so its a quick fix! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Real-One)
    yeah, but the excuses that go through your mind are really crap, lets me rephrase them for you.

-you only live once and if you're the fat bird who pigs out constantly then no part of a hot guy will ever be in a part of you
    -God is dead (Nietzsche)
    -no, if everyone looked exactly like megan fox we'd all be having hawt lesbian sex right now :drool:

I mean, just look
    Alright, love! I have a boyfriend of 2years, so that clears up the first scenario. Thanks for your secular input, everyone has their opinion on the internet these days...
    And
    keep your Megan Fox fantasies to yourself.

The excuses need to change, i agree, back to the point please....?

ReputationRep:
    Use this website: www.myfitnesspal.com
    It's really good. You can log your food and exercise and it tells you what your net calories should be everyday according to how much weight you want to lose each week.

& it's free!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fhewitt1)
    Alright, love! I have a boyfriend of 2years, so that clears up the first scenario. Thanks for your secular input, everyone has their opinion on the internet these days...
    And
    keep your Megan Fox fantasies to yourself.

The excuses need to change, i agree, back to the point please....?
    how abour your boyfriend will leave you if you're too fat?

fear is a great motivator.

fear>greed

ReputationRep:
    Maybe recorD all the food you eat? I know when I use websites (like the one above) I feel more guilty when I have something bad, because I know I'll have to relive the guilt when I record the food later :P

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're making excuses.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, you're not the only one. I have times where I'm exactly the same. In my uneducated fitness/diet opinion, you just have to be sensible. I'm sure if you look on the stickies in this forum, you'll find some more educated tips than what I believe in.

- Yes, you only live once. There is absolutely no harm in treating yourself every once in a while by going out for a meal or having a chocolate bar or having a glass of coke or whatever. You just have to be sensible and not be doing it everyday or having excessive amounts of it. As long as you eat healthily and exercise along with it, one chocolate bar (maybe a week, I dunno) will not ruin your body.

- As someone said, maybe write down what you eat. Keep a food diary of everything that passes your lips. Seeing what you eat on a daily basis can be quite a wake up call.

- I found 'bribing' myself helped me get going on joining a gym and kicking my diet into touch. I don't know if anyone else will agree on this being smart or not, but I told myself if I lose about a stone, I'll get my belly pierced. Same principle when I had my driving test, I saved some money aside from work, and told myself if I passed my test first time, I'd treat myself to those Converses I wanted. If there's a goal at the end of it, you're more likely to stick to the straight and narrow and work for it. Again, be sensible with this, you can run the risk of getting into worrying obsessions if you think not eating at all or losing half your body weight will get the guy you want or make those shorts look amazing if your thighs don't touch.

- Find some motivational music which just makes you want to get up and exercise. I find Danger Days by My Chemical Romance makes me want to get on a cross trainer and run with the beat as soon as I hear "Look alive sunshine..."

Have you ever watched Supersize Vs Superskinny on channel 4? I find that to be a good wakeup call whilst being informative at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    i really want to lose weight too before summer.. i dont eat a lot, and what i eat is mainly healthy but i still dont have a flat stomach which i really want :/
    i go to the gym once a week for an hour but its not doing any good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conniebee)
    Trust me, you're not the only one. I have times where I'm exactly the same. In my uneducated fitness/diet opinion, you just have to be sensible. I'm sure if you look on the stickies in this forum, you'll find some more educated tips than what I believe in.

- Yes, you only live once. There is absolutely no harm in treating yourself every once in a while by going out for a meal or having a chocolate bar or having a glass of coke or whatever. You just have to be sensible and not be doing it everyday or having excessive amounts of it. As long as you eat healthily and exercise along with it, one chocolate bar (maybe a week, I dunno) will not ruin your body.

- As someone said, maybe write down what you eat. Keep a food diary of everything that passes your lips. Seeing what you eat on a daily basis can be quite a wake up call.

- I found 'bribing' myself helped me get going on joining a gym and kicking my diet into touch. I don't know if anyone else will agree on this being smart or not, but I told myself if I lose about a stone, I'll get my belly pierced. Same principle when I had my driving test, I saved some money aside from work, and told myself if I passed my test first time, I'd treat myself to those Converses I wanted. If there's a goal at the end of it, you're more likely to stick to the straight and narrow and work for it. Again, be sensible with this, you can run the risk of getting into worrying obsessions if you think not eating at all or losing half your body weight will get the guy you want or make those shorts look amazing if your thighs don't touch.

- Find some motivational music which just makes you want to get up and exercise. I find Danger Days by My Chemical Romance makes me want to get on a cross trainer and run with the beat as soon as I hear "Look alive sunshine..."

Have you ever watched Supersize Vs Superskinny on channel 4? I find that to be a good wakeup call whilst being informative at the same time.
    Thank you so much! This really helps, I'm going to give it my best shot starting tomorrow Just hope i don't keep going round in circles and actually realise that what im putting in my mouth isn't good for me instead of just feeling mega guilty after binging. I guess it'll take time to change my ways

Much appreciated

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.