Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am the only girl in the world who still wants to wait... watch

Announcements

I want to wait until I get married before I have sex. In many countries that I have visited in Asia and Africa, this is the norm, but here (in England), no one wants to wait. Everybody wants to do it with everybody. Even the 'religious' people, who claim to be Christian or Hindu or Muslim, but go around screwing a LOT of people.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean but sex is so fun how can you resist?? You must just have more will power than most people :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's good that you want to wait

I'm muslim so I have to wait, I'm sure many other people want to wait too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want to wait until I get married before I have sex. In many countries that I have visited in Asia and Africa, this is the norm, but here (in England), no one wants to wait. Everybody wants to do it with everybody. Even the 'religious' people, who claim to be Christian or Hindu or Muslim, but go around screwing a LOT of people.
    I'm not either for or against it. I am however waiting for the right person. I've had chances, but I am still a virgin, and proud! Why would I want to have a one night stand when I could be in a long term, LOVING relationship with someone? Some guys don't get it, I wouldn't wait until marriage, but I am waiting. Most will respect it, you just need to find the right kind of guy. Yes, I have times when I am incredibly weak, who doesnt? But I still think that it would be so much better with someone I love and who I know loves me.

So yeah, you're not alone. But sometimes I think I don't want to get married, but would be happy in a long term relationship. I don't think I'll be a virgin when I marry. But it might be the same person I did lose my virginity to that I marry. I think its still a nice thing to do, to wait. I know a lot don't but I do.

ReputationRep:
    I love England.

ReputationRep:
    i think i want to wait at least til im engaged but i guess it depends on the relationship

ReputationRep:
    No you're not

ReputationRep:
    You wouldn't buy your marital home without at least seeing it first would you?
    How is this any different?

ReputationRep:
    I agree that doing it with everybody is just wrong, but not doing it at all before marriage is just as wrong.

If you're in a relationship then do it. This is what I think is right.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily marriage, but I want to wait until I'm completely in love with and trust someone, and wait until at least a year into the relationship I certainly don't want to do it with everybody x

ReputationRep:
    Im Glad to hear you wanna wait. i honestly just think its gross to let a guy 'do' you and then think of him marrying and doing that to someone else for the rest of their lives. Girls - Grow up, keep your legs closed, UNTIL there's a ring on that finger ofcourse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyndon1504)
    You wouldn't buy your marital home without at least seeing it first would you?
    How is this any different?
    oh craap - i just switched on my own comment after reading that! True say =/

ReputationRep:
    To each his own...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndigoRockGirl)
    Not necessarily marriage, but I want to wait until I'm completely in love with and trust someone, and wait until at least a year into the relationship I certainly don't want to do it with everybody x
    Fair enough, but the guy must also believe in the same thing. You can't expect a guy (with normal sexual habits in relationships) to wait for a year to get sex. That way you're making a potential cheater out of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thinker03)
    Fair enough, but the guy must also believe in the same thing. You can't expect a guy (with normal sexual habits in relationships) to wait for a year to get sex. That way you're making a potential cheater out of him.
    Well I wouldn't want to be in a relationship/have sex with someone who didn't believe what I believed about sex. By the way, what is 'normal' to you is definitely not normal to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndigoRockGirl)
    Well I wouldn't want to be in a relationship/have sex with someone who didn't believe what I believed about sex. By the way, what is 'normal' to you is definitely not normal to me.
    By normal I meant the majority. No offense.
    As long as you both believe in the same thing (not just this sex thing, anything actually), doesnt matter how right or wrong that is, you both will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of you, it's easy to find them because they're so eager to tell people who didn't ask.

ReputationRep:
    It's not common to wait anymore here in the UK that is true. But there are still some people who do, mostly the really religious, so no you're not the only one.

ReputationRep:

I'd have so much respect for a girl if she wanted to wait, it should be special.. 'sex' is different to 'making love'
    do u really wanna give ur body to every guy, its a turn off for me.. if a girl has slept with more than 5 guys she aint relationship material. Theres nuffin more attractive than a girl with values & self-respect.....

ReputationRep:
    Do you want a medal?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.