Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am the only girl in the world who still wants to wait... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want to wait until I get married before I have sex. In many countries that I have visited in Asia and Africa, this is the norm, but here (in England), no one wants to wait. Everybody wants to do it with everybody. Even the 'religious' people, who claim to be Christian or Hindu or Muslim, but go around screwing a LOT of people.
    There’s absolutely nothing wrong with waiting for marriage as long as you understand that the divorce rate is ~50%. I suspect that extramarital affairs are far more prevalent in the remaining 50% than most people are aware of as many just tend to live with the infidelity of their partner to protect their family/marriage or for financial reasons. As far as the Hindu and Muslim religions are concerned, they allow multiple wives which many women I know would consider cheating.

In the end you do whatever you think is the right thing for you, and makes you feel good about yourself, but don’t be ignorant of the potential pitfalls later in life.

Best wishes,

ReputationRep:
    you're not the only one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukey.T)
    Theres nuffin more attractive than a girl with values & self-respect.....
    Totally agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want to wait until I get married before I have sex. In many countries that I have visited in Asia and Africa, this is the norm, but here (in England), no one wants to wait. Everybody wants to do it with everybody. Even the 'religious' people, who claim to be Christian or Hindu or Muslim, but go around screwing a LOT of people.
    Ironically your stance on not having sex will make it easier to last until your married, as most people who want an adult relationship wont get in one with you.

If you want to want thats your choice but please dont come back on here going "no one wants a relationship with me cos i wont have sex" All choiuces have consequences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    Ironically your stance on not having sex will make it easier to last until your married, as most people who want an adult relationship wont get in one with you.

If you want to want thats your choice but please dont come back on here going "no one wants a relationship with me cos i wont have sex" All choiuces have consequences.
    That would not happen because there are some guys who have the same values as the girl here, and who would be happy that she has waited rather than going around shagging different people :cool:.

Everything has a price in life: you want to stick to your values you have to sacrifice and be patient.
    Going the easy way is always the simplest, but will also have consequences in the long run, when you don't have a family or someone to trust :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alijimi)
    That would not happen because there are some guys who have the same values as the girl here, and who would be happy that she has waited rather than going around shagging different people :cool:.

Everything has a price in life: you want to stick to your values you have to sacrifice and be patient.
    Going the easy way is always the simplest, but will also have consequences in the long run, when you don't have a family or someone to trust :rolleyes:.
    Oh you'd be suprised how many people complain about that *coughshinytoycough*

Now maybe im misreading you but are you actually suggesting that having a sexual relationship before marriage means that a person doing so will have no family or people to trust?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care what other people do?

Personally, I don't see the problem. If people want consensual sex then let them. If they don't, then they don't have to. Simple.

(Original post by IndigoRockGirl)
    By the way, what is 'normal' to you is definitely not normal to me.
    So sexual urges are not normal?? Since when?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    Oh you'd be suprised how many people complain about that *coughshinytoycough*

Now maybe im misreading you but are you actually suggesting that having a sexual relationship before marriage means that a person doing so will have no family or people to trust?
    Not necessarily, everything can happen in life, but people with principles are more serious about relationships, in a way that it's not easy for them to get into a relation, but once they get into one they are very stable.

For people who sleep around it's the other way: they get easily into relations, so they get used to a certain life style, which makes it difficult when they get a bit older to sustain a long relation without feeling bored and the need to change :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i want to wait cos i think its more special to spend that intimate moment with someone that u kno you love for sure. and i think the relationship will have a more deeper meaning if we wait till our wedding day

ReputationRep:
    Try before you buy.

ReputationRep:
    I think its good of you to be thinking like this, but I was with my boyfriend 2 months and we both lost our virginity together. We're still together now and have been for a year and a half. We've also been thinking already about getting a house when I get back from University. Sometimes its not just waiting for someone to marry you its just waiting until it feels right? Whether you're married or not they could still do the off or the dirty? Find the right person, not just the one who's willing to put a ring on your finger? xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refrigerator)
    It's good that you want to wait

I'm muslim so I have to wait, I'm sure many other people want to wait too
    Have to or want to? There's a difference...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Why do you care what other people do?

Personally, I don't see the problem. If people want consensual sex then let them. If they don't, then they don't have to. Simple.

So sexual urges are not normal?? Since when?
    Since when do people have to act on every urge they have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refrigerator)
    It's good that you want to wait

I'm muslim so I have to wait, I'm sure many other people want to wait too

No it's not.

It's an entirely personal choice. If you want to **** before marriage then do so, if you don't, then don't.

ReputationRep:
    You can't be throwing around the word "everyone" and expect "everyone" to lump into that generalisation. I'm offended actually. I'm one of the few people that value long, serious relationships and will NEVER go around screwing people left right and centre.

As for sex before marriage, well, I don't know. Sex isn't a big deal to me and it's not a big deal to most anymore. I find it to be the most romantic gesture a couple can do but today's world has sucked that romanticism right out. Which is sad.

Growing up has changed my view on marriage to the point where I don't know if I want to get married. The same with cohabitation and this is sad.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Asiko)
    You can't be throwing around the word "everyone" and expect "everyone" to lump into that generalisation. I'm offended actually. I'm one of the few people that value long, serious relationships and will NEVER go around screwing people left right and centre.

As for sex before marriage, well, I don't know. Sex isn't a big deal to me and it's not a big deal to most anymore. I find it to be the most romantic gesture a couple can do but today's world has sucked that romanticism right out. Which is sad.

Growing up has changed my view on marriage to the point where I don't know if I want to get married. The same with cohabitation and this is sad.
    This.

Personally I'm not going to do what society expects of me just to "fit in" and cos "everyones doing it."
    I'm going to do what I think is right - so long as you don't go around shouting it off roof tops then noone will care as many (except for a few idiots) appreciate that it's a personal choice. Don't make it into a big deal, and others won't either.

ReputationRep:
    good on you (:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.