Turn on thread page Beta

That age old question- Your last meal? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's that timeless question we've all probably pondered at one time or another- what would you have as your final meal on this earth if you were given any option you desired?

Rules are simple, outline what you'd have for each of the four courses (the fourth being the fish course in between starter and main. I've been watching the Great British Menu and I'm feeling fancy =P), and what you'd have to drink with it, and any other extras you'd care to name. You get to have whatever you want, so be picky!

I'll start, shall I?

Starter:
    I have no idea what the name of this dish is, I had it at a tapas restaurant in Spain. It was essentially a small bowl of chorizo sausage, pieces of chicken and potatoes, where the chorizo was first fried with everything else then added and cooked in the same pan, getting flavoured by the chorizo oils. A good whack of seasoning and a sprinkle of parsley over the top, served with home made bread. Pure bliss [=

Fish Course:
    A good old lobster cocktail- grilled lobster claws and tails, served on little gem lettuce leaves and proper marie rose sauce. Simple, but simply amazing =P

Main Course:
    Chataeubriand steak (Essentially an extremely tender and flavorful tenderloin) topped with herb butter, served rare with triple-cooked chips (I've tried this recipe for them and they were beyond amazing) and a slice of onion loaf (essentially shredded onion formed into a patty, then battered and fried as you would onion rings).

Dessert:
    I'm cheating slightly here and having a trio of deserts, simply because I can't possibly decide! Number one would have to be a traditional creme brulee, this would be my only choice if I was really pushed. Second would be a slice of treacle tart, with clotted cream and orange zest on top. Finally I'd have a pot of eton mess- a mix of crushed meringue, macerated strawberries, strawberry compote, and whipped cream.

So, now it's your turn, odds are you'll be feeling hungry by the time you've finished!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Yes, it's that timeless question we've all probably pondered at one time or another- what would you have as your final meal on this earth if you were given any option you desired?

Rules are simple, outline what you'd have for each of the four courses (the fourth being the fish course in between starter and main. I've been watching the Great British Menu and I'm feeling fancy =P), and what you'd have to drink with it, and any other extras you'd care to name. You get to have whatever you want, so be picky!

I'll start, shall I?

Starter:
    I have no idea what the name of this dish is, I had it at a tapas restaurant in Spain. It was essentially a small bowl of chorizo sausage, pieces of chicken and potatoes, where the chorizo was first fried with everything else then added and cooked in the same pan, getting flavoured by the chorizo oils. A good whack of seasoning and a sprinkle of parsley over the top, served with home made bread. Pure bliss [=

Fish Course:
    A good old lobster cocktail- grilled lobster claws and tails, served on little gem lettuce leaves and proper marie rose sauce. Simple, but simply amazing =P

Main Course:
    Chataeubriand steak (Essentially an extremely tender and flavorful tenderloin) topped with herb butter, served rare with triple-cooked chips (I've tried this recipe for them and they were beyond amazing) and a slice of onion loaf (essentially shredded onion formed into a patty, then battered and fried as you would onion rings).

Dessert:
    I'm cheating slightly here and having a trio of deserts, simply because I can't possibly decide! Number one would have to be a traditional creme brulee, this would be my only choice if I was really pushed. Second would be a slice of treacle tart, with clotted cream and orange zest on top. Finally I'd have a pot of eton mess- a mix of crushed meringue, macerated strawberries, strawberry compote, and whipped cream.

So, now it's your turn, odds are you'll be feeling hungry by the time you've finished!
    it's been a nice day, so I had a barbecue.

Main meal: Beef Hamurger in a baguette, with Turkish pickelled vegetables, tomatoes, cucumbers, Corn on the cob, and lettuce, as well as salad.

nothing else. Great meal

edit: what's with the bloody neg?

ReputationRep:
    I hope it's so far away that I've not yet thought of what I would like. Tastes in food change.

ReputationRep:
    Chicken nuggets and a caramel mcflurry.

Failing that, a well done steak with peppercorn sauce would do nicely.

ReputationRep:

Curly fries :sogood:
    And shed loads of it. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Starter: Onion rings and fries. And bread sauce, even though that's random as hell and doesn't match. I would want to eat bread sauce one last time.

No fish, ta.

Main course: The best mofo margherita pizza ever in existence with double pizza sauce.

Dessert: A huge mix of classics like strudel, crumble and ice-cream.

...I'm hungry now. Think I'll order Domino's. Damn you, thread. *shakes fist*

OH and the onion rings have to be battered, not breadcrumbed. Forgot that important detail.

ReputationRep:
    An Indian takeaway, followed by Fajitas, followed by a lovely bit of roast beef, then a traditional Christmas dinner. Om nom. Pudding would be a big bag of crisps and spicy tomato dip.
    My name is so appropriate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    An Indian takeaway, followed by Fajitas, followed by a lovely bit of roast beef, then a traditional Christmas dinner. Om nom. Pudding would be a big bag of crisps and spicy tomato dip.
    My name is so appropriate...
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I would just pop over to Nandos...

ReputationRep:
    Half a pound of ammonium nitrate followed quickly by a long glug of nitromethane.

Hell to the dizzle those *******s aint gonna execute me

ReputationRep:
    My last meal would be roti keema. Very nice indeed.

And then a chicken burger after it.

ReputationRep:
    My main meal would be the same as yours, just less posh. Steak, chip shop chips, onion rings, and GRAVY. :sogood:

Followed by apple crumble with vanilla ice cream.

Oooh and just out of the oven baguette for starter :coma:

ReputationRep:
    starter would be king prawns marinated in lemon, chilli and garlic.

main course, a huge roast dinner with chicken, beef and pork, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, cabbage, peas, broccoli, cauliflower cheese, leeks, yorkshire pudding, bread sauce, apple sauce, gravy.

pudding, apple & pear crumble with vanilla ice cream.

oh god i hope i get put on death row now.

ReputationRep:
    Starter: Linguine with scallops and huge prawns in garlic, chilli, white wine and cream sauce
    Fish: Salmon Teriyaki with Japanese rice, pickles and fried burdock root
    Main Course: Very large, rare sirloin steak with thrice cooked chips, potato dauphinoise, garlic portobello mushrooms and peppercorn sauce
    Dessert: Sticky Toffee pudding with more toffee than pudding and white chocolate ice-cream

ReputationRep:
    Starter: Chicken Tikkas/Shish Kebabs/Lamb Chops

Fish Course: Tandoori Grilled Salmon Served with a hot, sweet & sour tomato sauce.

Main Course:
    Grilled baby chicken with peri peri sauce - Asian style with a salad, mint sauce, chilli sauce (basically the works) and chips!

Dessert:
    Vanilla Ice cream with all those funky sauces on top

Drinks: Ice cold Dr. Pepper

I had Burritos for Breakfast, haven't had lunch yet

ReputationRep:
    Starter: anglo-indian (probably chicken tikka or something)
    Fish: mediterranean (roasted fish with veg, chips and a tomato chutney)
    Main: japanese (massive bowl of miso ramen with all the trimings)
    Dessert: USA (strawberry and rhubarb pie)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)

I'll start, shall I?

Starter:

They are simply called Tapas. Tapas are essentially small appetisers such as chorizo, olives and bread. It can be pretty much anything really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    They are simply called Tapas. Tapas are essentially small appetisers such as chorizo, olives and bread. It can be pretty much anything really.
    I know what tapas is, I just meant I didn't know the name of the specific dish =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I know what tapas is, I just meant I didn't know the name of the specific dish =P
    ahh kk sorry mate. Just ask in spanish: "por favor, quiero a comer:" and list. Sorry if you already speak spanish

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.