This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
lol don't think they'd be too happy with you...
Well, if they caught me
I happened to have... shall we say 'aquired' other peoples logon details .
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
We've not been affected yet...they haven't even sent round any warnings about it (but then they've not long started using their home made virus/spam blocker program so I'd guess they're stopping all slightly dodgy ones before they get into the system and screening them)

What's the file extension of the attachment? .exe s are all banned (they get sent straight to the great big bin in the server) as are a few other extensions so that could be why we seem to be ok.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/anal...32mydooma.html

Attached files will have an extension of BAT, CMD, EXE, PIF, SCR or ZIP.

Only the .zip ones would be allowed through and the majority of the university doesn't have winzip or an equivalent on their pc's (would you believe it isn't a standard install :rolleyes: )
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It originated in America if you're curious. Been asking around, and the author is an American bloke from New York. Or at least that is what the irc wannabe hackers are saying. The theory of a ddos attack coming has been ruled out though. They seem to think that it will drop become a self multiplying worm somehow and take down servers across the globe within hours of each other. All this is what I've been told. Can't claim any of it to be true, but they are positive about it being a yank from New York who started it. Get rid of it quick is my advice, or wait for the first of February and hope it is nothing major.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads