Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, are you attracted to violence ? watch

say someone bugs you, and your boyfriend "sorts" him out, is that a turn on?

ReputationRep:
    well, in 500 Days of Summer, Zooey Deschanel doesn't like violence .

ReputationRep:
    I guess in the sense that he is looking out for you and protecting you, it shows that he cares. But personally I think it would mean more if they didn't go smash said guy up. A simple "back off" would suffice. It would show more courage and maturity if he could walk away.

ReputationRep:
    No. It results in being thrown out of clubs on numerous occassions. Unless someone has genuinely done something to warrant getting a slap, blokes starting in clubs is pathetic. Even when it is deserved, I would never describe it as a turn on.

ReputationRep:
    Violence = no
    Being a pussy = no

You gotta find a medium ;D

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, girls always say 'a simple "back off" will suffice', but as soon as you do that, the next thing that happens is a fight or trash talking.

Which is it girls? Don't be silly, think about what the future implications are of your boyfriend saying 'back off'.

ReputationRep:
    I would hope a potential partner had the proverbial balls to take a superficial "bugging" on the chin, like I'm expected to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agolati)
    The thing is, girls always say 'a simple "back off" will suffice', but as soon as you do that, the next thing that happens is a fight or trash talking.

Which is it girls? Don't be silly, think about what the future implications are of your boyfriend saying 'back off'.
    And when that starts, then he should have the maturity to walk away. Are you trying to get me to say "Yeah, go kick his ass"?

I'm not saying he should be a pussy and not do ANYTHING about it. But I know I wouldn't be able to deal with a guy for very long if something, that could even have possibily been misconstrued on my part, has him beating down a guy. It's too much drama to deal with, and he obviously has something emotionally lacking if he needs to go around clocking guys to get his girlfriend's trust and approval.

You've got to find some safe medium here. My father would never confront a problem himself, and I HATE that quality in him, it's really weak. But nobody wants some hot-headed drama queen that feels the need to beat people down to get his message across.

ReputationRep:
    No!

ReputationRep:
    What get_free said. When im out with a guy i like feeling safe in the knowledge that if some creep tried to grope me or worse he'd be there to tell them to back off. However if he oevrreacts, flips out and starts beating them for the hell of it, then no.

I hate guys who go out on a saturday night purely looking to get in a fight, and if they dont then they're a 'pussy'. It takes a bigger man to be able to walk away then it does to punch someone

ReputationRep:
    only psychos and violent people are attracted to violence.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all!
    However, I would like a guy who can stand for himself and defend others.

ReputationRep:
    I notice it's mainly white guys who go around starting fights on a night out.....and white girls who are cheering them on.

ReputationRep:
    It would never be a turn on- and I would actually be annoyed in most situations because I would feel that I could have handled it myself. Like those guys that start fights with other boys who are eyeing up their girlfriends- in my opinion the correct response is for the girls to go for a quick rebuff, followed by moving away if they're persistent. The only time I'd wouldn't mind would be if it's absolutely necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    (Original post by Golly-Gosh)
    ^Although I think the above quote is fair. lol

tbh I just find mild violence a turnon, like if he was going to punch a guy or something...

EDIT: That being said, I find mild violence a turn on full stop. Rough sex :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golly-Gosh)
    I don't think this is true. Violence is innate, it's a survival instinct for many species and some humans. It ties into 'fight or flight'.

Would you not be violent to protect your child if it was being snatched from you? Instinctively you would probably lash out.

Senseless violence and bullying are wrong and unattractive, however sometimes in certain situations violence is a necessary 'last resort' in my view. With men, it often actually strengthens a relationship to have some sort of violent confrontation, as often happens in school.

And finally, based on how many girls I've spoken to that love gangster films, I would definitely say many women are attracted to violence, criminals and the 'bad boy' types.

ReputationRep:
    Attractiveness lies in the quality of being clearly able to hold one's own in a fight but choosing not to.

ReputationRep:
    I'm more attracted to guys who can get lids off jars for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHyacinthGirl)
    I'm more attracted to guys who can get lids off jars for me.
    This made me laugh

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't want a pussy but I don't exactly want a merseysider either.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.