Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, are you attracted to violence ? watch

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it's a turn on. I like a guy to be protective (within reason) but it'd be pretty juvenile of him to go around starting fights for stupid reasons. If there's a valid reason for him to hit someone, fine, although I still wouldn't say I'm attracted to that. If it's just some git winding him up, I'd prefer him to take the high road and just ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    No, because if he could and would beat up someone else, he could (and possibly would) beat up me too. Not a nice thought.

I'd rather they had a war of wit. Far more civilised and mentally enthralling! Well, we ARE on TSR!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I like a guy to be protective but may be not too much violence. I wouldn't want him to kill the other guy :O

ReputationRep:
    I don't find violence attractive. Infact I avoid guys who I think are prone to violent outbursts. Even if someone was 'bugging' me I still wouldn't want some guy hitting that person because of it.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing attractive about violence

ReputationRep:
    if he sorts him him by punching the guy then fine but going AWOL and beat the wind out of the guy...is maybe too far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRevolver)
    Yeah, I don't want a pussy but I don't exactly want a merseysider either.
    what's this supposed to mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpunkyVanDros)
    what's this supposed to mean
    Sorry, my mum used to tell me all the time how when she was young, and Everton were playing Liverpool, her parents used to say 'Black and blue wives on the Mersey tonight' or something to that effect. It's just a play on words from that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by get__free)
    I guess in the sense that he is looking out for you and protecting you, it shows that he cares. But personally I think it would mean more if they didn't go smash said guy up. A simple "back off" would suffice. It would show more courage and maturity if he could walk away.
    This. I never understood why guys think that beating the crap out of someone is cool. It's pathetic if there is no good reason behind it. I think it's only acceptable if someone is being really violent and a simple "back off" won't work. It tells a lot about the guy if he finds it that easy to start a fight with a stranger.

(Original post by HighestKungFu)
    And finally, based on how many girls I've spoken to that love gangster films, I would definitely say many women are attracted to violence, criminals and the 'bad boy' types.
    'Bad boys' have that charisma and confidence which makes them attractive. In theory they are very desirable but in reality their cockiness and arrogance would be such a turn off for most girls. I have been attracted to many arrogant gits but I have never tried anything with them because I know that a relationship with them would be a disaster. I'm sure that guys have met girls whom they lust but they would never want a relationship with them. And violence in movies is quite different... I wouldn't compare Bruce Willis jumping out of a car to beat up some villain to some drunken guy who beats up anyone he can reach just to show off.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.