64-80, study arts
    4.34%
    64-80, study sciences
    5.58%

ReputationRep:
    I got 16 lololol

ReputationRep:
    History student.
    Is it possible to get worse as you get older? Because when I was 14/15 I was really emphathic. Now I'm really blunt and don't care/can't tell :p:

ReputationRep:
    30... not really surprising.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I got 42. Average.

ReputationRep:
    48. Being average seems to fit my profile

ReputationRep:
    51, Male - Studied Sciences

Thought it should've been higher. It clear would've been if my answers were more "Stongly Agree/Disagree"

ReputationRep:
    40, doing maths at uni next year

ReputationRep:
    64 - arts.

Only got 17 for the systemising quotient - I'm such a girl

ReputationRep:
    7. Genuinely shocked :/

56 and im doing a human geog degree!

ReputationRep:
    Got 42. Looks like im an average male

ReputationRep:
    35 and an economist. Pretty good to be average

ReputationRep:
    I scored 20. Wow, apparently I'm much less empathetic than I thought. I'm in Law. And an area of law in which you have to be fairly empathetic. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    48. I'm highly astute when it comes to deciphering others, but also self-absorbed enough that I won't always observe basic social etiquette.

ReputationRep:
    61 - I'd say about right really!

ReputationRep:
    I got 43, so more or less the same as above (ie average male), although I think this one of the things where people can change a fair bit, especially when they're still growing/early on.

Looking briefly (and rather haphazardly) at the results, my initial conclusions would be:

- more science students on TSR/science students more willing to take trivial polls
    - people with low empathy scores are more likely to be science students
    - people with high empathy scores are more likely to be arts students (in proportion to how many arts students voted)
    - the % changes between average and above-average empathy for arts and science students were roughly the same, suggesting that for most people, choice of specialization doesn't have much to do with their empathy, although of course, TSR might have a strong bias in this region
    - autistic people like online forums

ReputationRep:
    57 and I'm an English student

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I scored 16. Damn, I'm out of touch.

I was kind of expecting that. I would be happy enough if all humanity (except me) suddenly died out. Or I had to live in complete isolation for some reason. I don't understand people, I don't understand social rules and norms, and it has taken me a long time of trial and error to work out what is acceptable to say and what is not. I bond easily with animals, I actually cannot cope if I haven't got a constant bond (i.e. I need a pet for my own personal sanity) but I don't bond with people as easily or as strongly. Not to mention the fact that people scare me s*less. Literally.. Shortly before a social function, I get diarrheoa. Hooray. :lol:

To my knowledge, no, I haven't got any random things, like I'm not autistic or anything. But due to the above.. yes I was expecting a low EQ score!

I do psychology, by the way.

95 on the Systemising Quotient!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2012
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.