I'm looking to start going to the gym tomorrow and I have a few n00b questions:
1) Can I go into the gym without a membership?
2) Am I supposed to wear gym clothes to the gym, or should I wear normal clothes and change there?
3) Am I supposed to shower at the gym? (I won't be doing harcore workouts - mostly cross-trainers and excersise bikes)
x Turn on thread page Beta
A few questions about the gym... watch
- Thread Starter
- 09-04-2011 21:20
- 09-04-2011 21:26
Not sure if you're a male or female.
But you will probably need an induction and if your gym allows you to go without membership it will be expencive.
Clothes-wise it doesn't matter if you're changing there or going in gym stuff.
Don't have to shower as its your choice. You wont be frowned upon for leaving without showering. However if you're doing cardio you might get sweaty and will probably want one either at home or gym.
- 09-04-2011 21:33
1) Depends on the gym, maybe enquire beforehand, if not then look at membership options.
2) You can wear what you want, whatever works for you, I wear my tracksuit bottoms, everyday trainers and an old hoodie to the gym with my gym top and shorts underneath but thats me and then I just take off my bottoms, change into my running trainers (I adore my Lunar Eclipses ) and I take off my hoodie and i'm good to go. I only do this because the changing room at my gym is awkward and too many people walk around naked lol.
3) Its up to you, no ones gonna make you shower lol but it does feel good to have a shower afterwards no matter what the intensity. Again its totally up to you.
- Thread Starter
- 10-04-2011 15:07
Thanks for your replies! And yes, I'm female.
Yeah, I just tried to go to the gym but without a membership it would cost me £7.50 to get in (and that's the under-18 rate!) Hmmm... well I live equidistant from 3 gyms so I might try the other two tomorrow!
Also another question: do I need to bring a towel to the gym?
- 10-04-2011 15:09
It's recommended you bring a hand towel or something. Take a hand towel around with you so when you finish on the equipment, you can towel off the sweat marks from where you sit/hold on. There's nothing worse than getting onto something and it being wet with sweat.