Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Basically, I've been on Citalopram 40g for about the past six months. I've had one of the common side effects of sexual problems - loss of erection/maintaining one, and anorgasmia? (no cumming easily etc). I've been having sex with my girlfriend for around the same time period and she says she's never *** from having sex with me.

Now everytime we have sex, I'm feeling the pressure to try and make her ***, plus feeling bad because she's feeling like a failure because she can't make me *** easily.

I can *** easier if I masturbate and stuff, but I think it's partly the pressure and partly the drugs meaning that I find it hard to come when I'm with her.

How can I get over/forget the pressure or talk about it - she's already quite understanding but I still feel bad :\

ReputationRep:
    I'm on citalopram so I knew where you're coming from. Explain to her that it's the drugs that is causing this, nothing else. And maybe try and be lowered to 20g? It might help.

ReputationRep:
    *bump

I've been on citalopram for about 7 months and also had problems. When I looked it up online someone suggested taking your medication in the morning (assuming you would usually have sex in the evening/at night). I tried it and it seemed to help a bit, but I'm not sure if that was just psychological. And I'm on 20mg so maybe the lower dose makes a difference too.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know whether the withdrawal effects include dizziness? Because I haven't taken my pills over the last few days and I've been under stress and I got up today and have been dizzy all day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomTre)
    Do you know whether the withdrawal effects include dizziness? Because I haven't taken my pills over the last few days and I've been under stress and I got up today and have been dizzy all day
    Dizziness is a normal side effect, yes. I've been on Citalopram 20mg for about three months now and I can relate to a lot of the issues people talk about here.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 30, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.