Turn on thread page Beta

Why are girls so shallow? watch

Why are girls so shallow? I mean they all have their "type of guy". They all seem to dislike men who aren't good looking. Even if you are, you also have to be popular. If you aren't in a popular group, girls won't regard you at all. Most girls seem superficial and have nothing much underneath and loads of girls walk round thinking they are God's gift to men when they themselves have not much to offer.
    Seriously what does a guy have to do to get a genuine girl? I'm 21 and haven't found one girl yet, not one. Also anon mods in case of haters etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure not all girls are like that at all
    And it's generally understood that it's more important for a girl to be good looking than a guy

why did I get negs when other people said pretty much the same thing ?!

ReputationRep:
    No more shallow than boys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Seriously what does a guy have to do to get a genuine girl? .
    Stop generalising all girls would be a start.

ReputationRep:
    I like to think i don't think like that. I've only been with guys i've been friends with for a while. So we've only really got together after get to know each other for a long time. Could argue boys are very judgemental (see sexiest/prettiest girl on TSR thread). But it's all opinions at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    How many women have you dated that you found unattractive, then? :curious:

(Well, obviously none since you're not able to get girls, but let's pretend the choice is yours...)

ReputationRep:
    Don't get mad on ALL the girls in the world. We are not all the same or shallow on that note

I would say I'm average to be fair. Not trolling here, it's just what I feel in the world atm.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't found that girls only go out with hot guys. I'm ok looking and I got pretty hot girlfriends. If you have good self confidence and good flirtation that means a lot for a guy.

Also, you really can't judge how shallow they are if you haven't actually got them to talk to you. You don't know what's under the surface.

ReputationRep:
    Again? Really?
    A) Because attraction is an important part of relationships
    B) Boys do the same
    C) This is a massive generalisation and does not always apply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    No more shallow than boys.
    This. Everyone's guilty. Bet the OP's only ranting like this because no so-called 'hot' girls want him.

ReputationRep:
    Not all of us are shallow and superficial! We don't really have a particular "type", we just say we do Most girls wouldn't reject a really nice guy, who they really liked because he was blonde and their "type" was dark-haired guys :p:

Looks aren't everything...yes they are significant because physical attraction is obviously important in a relationship, but its true that an average looking guy can become a lot more attractive and appealing if they've got a good personality. I wouldn't go out with a really hot guy, who was extremely popular because a lot of the time they are vain, cocky and arrogant and can be a bit of a player!

ReputationRep:
    they all have their "type of guy".
    Nope, I really don't.

They all seem to dislike men who aren't good looking.
    Definitely not true. My boyfriend is the most traditionally un-good looking person ever. He has a moustache, long messy hair and is very short... not to mention the fact that he wears cowboy boots as daily wear.

Even if you are, you also have to be popular.
    My boyfriend has a few close friends therefore not making him popular.

Most girls seem superficial and have nothing much underneath and loads of girls walk round thinking they are God's gift to men when they themselves have not much to offer.
    I have much to offer :sexface:

Seriously what does a guy have to do to get a genuine girl?
    Get off the H&R forums on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Why are girls so shallow? I mean they all have their "type of guy". They all seem to dislike men who aren't good looking. Even if you are, you also have to be popular. If you aren't in a popular group, girls won't regard you at all. Most girls seem superficial and have nothing much underneath and loads of girls walk round thinking they are God's gift to men when they themselves have not much to offer.
    Seriously what does a guy have to do to get a genuine girl? I'm 21 and haven't found one girl yet, not one. Also anon mods in case of haters etc.
    that's because your ugly and you're poor. simples

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone wants a good-looking guy/girl. Attractiveness is subjective. Chances are, there is always someone who thinks you're gorgeous. So I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting that.

ReputationRep:
    There is a complicated equation involving age, looks, dress sense and grooming, physical shape, confidence with women and men as expressed through natural dominance coupled with an acceptable amount of 'ce sera sera' passivity, the levels of intellectual and emotional intelligence including 'common sense' and manual skills, attitude to situations, money and how you spend it, living arrangements.

ReputationRep:
    Most girls seem superficial and have nothing much underneath and loads of girls walk round thinking they are God's gift to men when they themselves have not much to offer.
    No, that's called being confident, dear.

ReputationRep:
    Could ask the same of men. But then again that is a minority of men, as it is women.
    Seriously, you need to not worry about what the opposite sex thinks and live your life, have fun while you're young.. and of course everyone has their type. If you didn't have some sort of physical attraction you wouldn't have a very good relationship (sometimes that physical attraction doesn't appear until you get to know someone).

In short; man up.

ReputationRep:
    Why shouldn't they be? Apparently in your case they have a choice between good looking guys, popular guys & you; who by your own admission are below average and implied to be unpopular?

Why on Earth would they choose you?

ReputationRep:
    I said to myself the other day before work, "gingers are fugly! Who'd date them?"

I then see this ginger kid with a cute girl and I just lol'd. I hate karma showing me up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.