Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philbert)
    Why do boys generalise so much?
    Because women make it so easy for us men to generalise (although it's merely stating the truth about women). For example; the vast majority of women are heightists. And that's just one example, there are many more.

ReputationRep:
    We're not all like that x

ReputationRep:
    The most simple answer is 'because they can'. The average girl gets more attention than the average guy, because most guys are less choosy when it comes to sexual selection. So the average girl has probably had some attention from good looking guys in the past, and that will up her standards.

I do think it is hard for guys who never get any attention from the opposite sex. The only consolation is that guys are by no means alone, there are hordes of guys out there who never get any girls, some will moan about it, some will just ignore it, some will cover it up with lies to stop other people suggesting. There are not as many girls who experience complete lack of attention, but it is probably harder for those girls as there are less of them, and the whole issue of 'relationships' and so on is a much bigger part of girls lives than it is for guys, who can distract themselves with other hobbies and still get respect from their male peers.

If you are asking the question though what you really need is to aim up a bit and improve your own standing, dress better, work on your body, work on your grooming and style, get a decent job or some interesting hobbies etc. It's definitely possible to improve your standing with girls quite a lot even if you are only average looking in terms of facial structure. There are a lot of guys who are in the 'popular' range with girls who are only average looking but they have a good body/sense of style/confidence/are interesting to talk to, which makes them desirable to girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why are girls so shallow? I mean they all have their "type of guy". They all seem to dislike men who aren't good looking. Even if you are, you also have to be popular. If you aren't in a popular group, girls won't regard you at all. Most girls seem superficial and have nothing much underneath and loads of girls walk round thinking they are God's gift to men when they themselves have not much to offer.
    Seriously what does a guy have to do to get a genuine girl? I'm 21 and haven't found one girl yet, not one. Also anon mods in case of haters etc.
    Why do people have to make such generalisations? :rolleyes:

Everyone, girl and guy, has a type, but not everyone's type is the same. So there's someone for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Funny, guys who only ever want to be with beautiful women are only being human and it's completely understandable. If a woman thinks that attractiveness is an important feature in a partner she is an evil, shallow *****, and apparently we're all like this, yet the vast majority of average looking men I see have model like girlfriends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    I was going to correct that to "why do idiots generalise so much?" but then I realised most girls would argue that it's exactly the same thing :ahee:
    LMAO white knight

Brb helping women thinking they would bang me.

You make me sick.

Bet you dont even lift.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    Funny, guys who only ever want to be with beautiful women are only being human and it's completely understandable. If a woman thinks that attractiveness is an important feature in a partner she is an evil, shallow *****, and apparently we're all like this, yet the vast majority of average looking men I see have model like girlfriends.
    Indeed like the Devil reads the Bible...

And I really doubt that you're seeing many average men with model-like girlfriends :rolleyes:
    FYI, in general women are a lot prettier than men, so it's not really surprising that a woman is more attractive than her boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angie varona)
    LMAO white knight

Brb helping women thinking they would bang me.

You make me sick.

Bet you dont even lift.
    Nah, you're right, I'm just a guy who's liked, is popular, can run a 10k in 30 mins, has a cool and interesting job and doesn't make people think "god, that guy's a *******"... what could I possibly do in the face of such verbal onslaught? :rolleyes:

Couldn't possibly be that I just enjoyed makiing a silly joke? Nah, has to be ulterior motives, has to mean something else to all those insecure enough to be threatened....
    Back in your box, moron.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, you're right, I'm just a guy who's liked, is popular, can run a 10k in 30 mins, has a cool and interesting job and doesn't make people think "god, that guy's a *******"... what could I possibly do in the face of such verbal onslaught? :rolleyes:

Couldn't possibly be that I just enjoyed makiing a silly joke? Nah, has to be ulterior motives, has to mean something else to all those insecure enough to be threatened....
    Back in your box, moron.
    U mad brah?

You're a white knight who doesnt lift.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angie varona)
    U mad brah?

You're a white knight who doesnt lift.
    Better a white knight who gets some than a beige pillock who has to act tough and use lifting as some sort of crutch for his many other insecurities. Mummy and Daddy not hold you enough as a child? Held you too much? Watching the other boys in the gym give you a little twinge somewhere in your shorts? Gotta be something...

ReputationRep:
    Stop generalising all girls would be a start.
    This is quite ironic considering you have a Boys are stupid sig :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Better a white knight who gets some than a beige pillock who has to act tough and use lifting as some sort of crutch for his many other insecurities. Mummy and Daddy not hold you enough as a child? Held you too much? Watching the other boys in the gym give you a little twinge somewhere in your shorts? Gotta be something...
    LMAO at you admiting you're a white knight.

Nothing worse then a white knight.

I go to the gym to get shredded to be powerful,for aesthetics and for the health benifits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha~~)
    This is quite ironic considering you have a Boys are stupid sig :rolleyes:
    She's a hypocrite, so it's really not that surprising.

ReputationRep:
    The vast majority of average looking men have model like girlfriends... err wtf, that's clearly not the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    The vast majority of average looking men have model like girlfriends... err wtf, that's clearly not the case. I see far more hot guys with average girls than the other way round.
    OMG WHO WILL WIN in this epic battle of the anecdotes?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Everyone, girl and guy, has a type, but not everyone's type is the same. So there's someone for everyone.
    Wrong.

Variation of preferences doesn't make the list of preferences exhaustive. Say 50 people prefer vanilla ice cream and 50 people prefer chocolate ice cream in a group of 100. Not everyone's preference is the same, so therefore, by your logic, there must be at least one person in that group who prefers strawberry ice cream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iota Null)
    Wrong.

Variation of preferences doesn't make the list of preferences exhaustive. Say 50 people prefer vanilla ice cream and 50 people prefer chocolate ice cream in a group of 100. Not everyone's preference is the same, so therefore, by your logic, there must be at least one person in that group who prefers strawberry ice cream.
    There's normally enough variation, plus most people are flexible.

ReputationRep:
    Not shallow - just stupid.
    Girls tend to have no interests and have zero general knowledge. They also live in their fantasy worlds where they are beautiful and can get any guy they want when in reality they are some chunky lard arse who can't speak to guys unless it is across fbook.

ReputationRep:
    What a load of bull****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Not shallow - just stupid.
    Girls tend to have no interests and have zero general knowledge. They also live in their fantasy worlds where they are beautiful and can get any guy they want when in reality they are some chunky lard arse who can't speak to guys unless it is across fbook.
    Were you always this angry or did going to York **** you up?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.