Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wow, when I first saw the title of this thread, I read "Why do girls swallow"?....sorry

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'm shallow, the main thing I value is a good sense of humour and that we have things in common. I certainly don't walk around thinking I'm God's gift! But I have pretty low self-confidence compared to some girls at my school that DO walk around being all orange/pretty? whatever you want to call them. But those are the girls that the guys are constantly swooning over. But if the guys value them being flirty/orange/popular above other things then why should I bother with them, aside from the fact they probably wouldn't give me the time of day.

ReputationRep:
    Ughh I have to disagree completely. Boys are only really looking for a 'relationship' or whatever you want to call it with the ones they deem attractive. Don't deny it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EasyA)
    I find men more shallow than girls or more or less the same.
    Have you seen the posts guys posts over here? Just click on the 'health and relationships' section and you'll know the answer
    Have you read the posts written by the females in this forum? The females in here are A LOT shallower than the males in here.
    And unsurprisingly, it's like that in real life too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rzc)
    Ughh I have to disagree completely. Boys are only really looking for a 'relationship' or whatever you want to call it with the ones they deem attractive. Don't deny it.
    Meh. The vast majority of women do the same, and they also discriminate on other traits such as height.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cables)
    Meh. The vast majority of women do the same, and they also discriminate on other traits such as height.
    Yeah but I can assure you more men would rather be with someone good-looking. So you can't really complain if you are like this too

ReputationRep:
    Just like males, we're physical beings, and require some level of attraction, it really isn't shallow to have a type, rather than date people whom you don't feel attracted to?

ok, I agree, next time I will go for a guy I don't find attractive, a guy I think is unpopular, a guy who is not my type and with whom I have nothing in common.

so what you are saying OP is that the universe gets it wrong not you? I don't think so. it looks like the "type" (oh oops! yes OP you too have a type!) of girls you like don't like you back and you are pissed off. and you want a girl so you can look popular otherwise why mention your age? so at 21 you don't feel man enough cause you haven't got a girl you like? oh grow up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why are girls so shallow? I mean they all have their "type of guy". They all seem to dislike men who aren't good looking. Even if you are, you also have to be popular. If you aren't in a popular group, girls won't regard you at all. Most girls seem superficial and have nothing much underneath and loads of girls walk round thinking they are God's gift to men when they themselves have not much to offer.
    Seriously what does a guy have to do to get a genuine girl? I'm 21 and haven't found one girl yet, not one. Also anon mods in case of haters etc.
    Girls aren't any less shallow that guys. It's the perspective you view it from, you can get any girl...and that will happen fast as soon as you get the thought of them being shallow out of your mind.

Girls can say the same about guys...that guys don't even look at girls with braces and glasses and (I don't know what other stuff) because they're not popular or anything.

I'm sure you're a nice guy, you just need to show that side across...forget about your appearance - there is at least one girl out there that loves you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rzc)
    Yeah but I can assure you more men would rather be with someone good-looking. So you can't really complain if you are like this too
    I'm not like that. And I don't agree with you. Most young women today are a lot more shallow than men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cables)
    Have you read the posts written by the females in this forum? The females in here are A LOT shallower than the males in here.
    And unsurprisingly, it's like that in real life too.
    this is real life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellakrystina)
    Nope, I really don't.

Definitely not true. My boyfriend is the most traditionally un-good looking person ever. He has a moustache, long messy hair and is very short... not to mention the fact that he wears cowboy boots as daily wear.

My boyfriend has a few close friends therefore not making him popular.

I have much to offer :sexface:

Get off the H&R forums on TSR.
    Ella is awesome, as usual.

ReputationRep:
    Guys and girls are shallow in their own respects. Attraction is subjective and you & I both know that attraction isn't just looks.

Every girl and guy is unique. You're making assumptions that all girls are like that; proof that you're not getting yourself out in the market. Maybe one of your reasons for not finding someone is complaining on TSR and spending too much time on the net instead of getting out and having hobbies.

I think it's more of a case that people can be shallow.

ReputationRep:
    http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/4...gain_super.jpg

Stupid thread.

ReputationRep:
    My best friend is gorgeous and is going out with a loser (imo), what do you make of that? .

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's shallow...however it is the people who get rejected/have bad experiences with the opposite sex that decide to highlight this fact and blow it up into a gender debate. If you were with a girl you wouldn't care how shallow the female population were, and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    The same can be said for guys to be fair. In my school, guys tend to go for the model-level gorgeous girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why are girls so shallow? I mean they all have their "type of guy". They all seem to dislike men who aren't good looking. Even if you are, you also have to be popular. If you aren't in a popular group, girls won't regard you at all. Most girls seem superficial and have nothing much underneath and loads of girls walk round thinking they are God's gift to men when they themselves have not much to offer.
    Seriously what does a guy have to do to get a genuine girl? I'm 21 and haven't found one girl yet, not one. Also anon mods in case of haters etc.
    That's just ignorant. All girls? Mate, SOME PEOPLE are shallow, regardless of gender. If you go round assuming all girls are shallow, then I expect you won't get a girlfriend. Approach people as tat, just people. Be optimistic and open minded, and look at people on an individual level. Generalisations are destructive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UpsidedownLandMan)
    Repped (If i had any) for... ****ing awesomeness? Marry Me.
    D'awww usually when I see that someone has quoted me on here I expect a torrent of abuse - so this was a nice surprise :blush: sure why the hell not?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.