Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Commitment-phobics : excuse or reality? watch

Announcements

(Original post by fredscarecrow)
    Totally. I can do it for a while but it just seems to get to a point when it feels like I'm losing myself to the relationship and I need to get the control back. Every relationship is about compromise, about working together and I just can't do that.
    I'm really furious at the moment, so for my attitude right now is just "stop over analysing it and ****ing me over" (ex had similar stuff to what you've described). But there we go. For me all this seems to be tied up in over thinking things. Maybe that's an unfair assessment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm really furious at the moment, so for my attitude right now is just "stop over analysing it and ****ing me over" (ex had similar stuff to what you've described). But there we go. For me all this seems to be tied up in over thinking things. Maybe that's an unfair assessment?
    I'm sorry your ex has hurt you [if she's anything like me, she'll be cutting herself up about it totally] but it's not over-analysis. It's not something I even consciously think about. It just gets to a point where I can't do it anymore, and it's only after the r'ship has ended that I can work out why I messed up again.

Anyway, just wanted to give my reasoning for why I think I'm something of a commitment phobe.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.