Middlesex University Fashion BA

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have searched for a thread on The Fashion BA at Middlesex but all I can find is the Fashion Styling and Promotion. Is anybody interested in their Fashion Design course? Have you applied? Have you had your interview? Or maybe even got a place? I have my interview on Wednesday.
    They have had a lot of applications this year as the course leader said at the open day so I am very surprised that there isn't a thread on this course. If you are applying/got a place there, please come out and talk

ReputationRep:
    hmmm... anybody?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I had my interview a few months ago there for Fashion Ba and got offered a place on the spot. I know some other girls on my course had to wait a few weeks but still got acceptances. The ladies a little crazy when you first meet her but dont worry shes shes really nice and down to earth when she talks to you.

They've most likely had rejections from there offers of people choosing others uni's now so they'll be looking for more people to fill the course.

I hope this helped- Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've got offered a place at Middlesex Fashion BA and UCA Fashion Atelier in Rochester, but I'm struggling to make a decision. What do you guys know about the Middlesex course? Is it good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieleanne*)
    Hi there, I had my interview a few months ago there for Fashion Ba and got offered a place on the spot. I know some other girls on my course had to wait a few weeks but still got acceptances. The ladies a little crazy when you first meet her but dont worry shes shes really nice and down to earth when she talks to you.

They've most likely had rejections from there offers of people choosing others uni's now so they'll be looking for more people to fill the course.

I hope this helped- Good luck!
    thanks Katieleanne*. i got a place on the spot too! were you intervied by meg osbourne the course leader? it sounds like her from what you say i was expecting to be interviewed by her because she said at the open day that she tries to meet everybody personally. i had my interview with a senior lecturer. have you firmed it and have you applied for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannaVestin)
    Hi, I've got offered a place at Middlesex Fashion BA and UCA Fashion Atelier in Rochester, but I'm struggling to make a decision. What do you guys know about the Middlesex course? Is it good?
    hi hanna, i don't know much about rochester but middlesex does seem like a great place. did you go an open day? i talked to a couple of 3rd year students yesterday while waiting for my interview and they say they love it. so if you still love it by the third year it must be good. they seem to have good facilities and a variety of workshops. i met the course leader on the open day and then a senior lecturer at the interview. they both had a really nice professional manner. who interviewed you? the new campus looks great too by the way. as i say, i don't know anything about rochester so can't compare. hope this helps somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    Heya... i got a spot on fashion design styling and promotion at Middlesex and a spot on creative direction at LCF.... which do you think is the best? Pleaseeee! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kspears1)
    Heya... i got a spot on fashion design styling and promotion at Middlesex and a spot on creative direction at LCF.... which do you think is the best? Pleaseeee! xx
    if you haven't been to their open days then it's probably best to find some students who are already studying there an ask them. when i searched for "middlesex fashion" hare on forums i came across quite a few people applying for styling and promotion. maybe you could chat to them? and do the same for LCF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hcivomistra)
    thanks Katieleanne*. i got a place on the spot too! were you intervied by meg osbourne the course leader? it sounds like her from what you say i was expecting to be interviewed by her because she said at the open day that she tries to meet everybody personally. i had my interview with a senior lecturer. have you firmed it and have you applied for accommodation?
    hi. a quick question: when did they send the official offer through ucas? how long did you have to wait after the interview? i'm so worried they'll forget to )

ReputationRep:
    hi. a quick question: when did they send the official offer through ucas? how long did you have to wait after the interview? i'm so worried they'll forget to )
    Hi Hcivomistra, Well done on getting a place! I had my interview on the Wednesday and received my UCAS acceptance on the Saturday so wasn't too long after. I'm sure you'll get the offer through soon (if you havn't already). You could always ring up as well? If they've already offered you a place on the spot they can't go back on their word, don't worry I've applied for halls now but won't hear back until May to see whether I've got into any. I'm going to the Fashion Show at Middlesex next week too which should be cool. Has anyone here got any idea what Hendon is like to live in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sallydon'tdally)
    Hi Hcivomistra, Well done on getting a place! I had my interview on the Wednesday and received my UCAS acceptance on the Saturday so wasn't too long after. I'm sure you'll get the offer through soon (if you havn't already). You could always ring up as well? If they've already offered you a place on the spot they can't go back on their word, don't worry I've applied for halls now but won't hear back until May to see whether I've got into any. I'm going to the Fashion Show at Middlesex next week too which should be cool. Has anyone here got any idea what Hendon is like to live in?
    hey, yes i do hope they don't go back on themselves but you know... can't quite relax until the official confirmation comes through :rolleyes: i wan to go to the graduate show too! maybe i'll see you there?
    i saw accommodation at hendon, it's alright, the rooms are very small though but i suppose they are normal size for halls. once i get my offer through i will be applying too. how far from london are you now? i'm worried that i'm too close to get accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    hey, yes i do hope they don't go back on themselves but you know... can't quite relax until the official confirmation comes through :rolleyes: i wan to go to the graduate show too! maybe i'll see you there?
    i saw accommodation at hendon, it's alright, the rooms are very small though but i suppose they are normal size for halls. once i get my offer through i will be applying too. how far from london are you now? i'm worried that i'm too close to get accommodation.
    Well fingers crossed they'll get back to you soon! I hadn't seen the accommodation but I figure they're all the same. In the end I applied for Usher Halls as my 1st, Platt Halls as my second and Writtle House as my 3rd...I'm not really fussed which I get though. I'm also worried I wont get a place too because I live in Surrey which isn't too far away. Where abouts do you live? Do you know much about Hendon as an area?

ReputationRep:
    Well fingers crossed they'll get back to you soon! I hadn't seen the accommodation but I figure they're all the same. In the end I applied for Usher Halls as my 1st, Platt Halls as my second and Writtle House as my 3rd...I'm not really fussed which I get though. I'm also worried I wont get a place too because I live in Surrey which isn't too far away. Where abouts do you live? Do you know much about Hendon as an area?
    hey i haven't applied for halls yet obviously because my official offer hasn't come through yet. i live in surrey too, in woking! whereabouts do you live? i am worried about the distance rule! doesn't sound too promising...

ReputationRep:
    hey i haven't applied for halls yet obviously because my official offer hasn't come through yet. i live in surrey too, in woking! whereabouts do you live? i am worried about the distance rule! doesn't sound too promising...
    Oh wow, I live in Epsom! Yeh it doesn't sound good.....really wanted to be in halls but I suppose a student house might be cool. Maybe try ringing them and finding out about whether you have a place? Most of the time they already know they just havnt had time to put the official offer up on ucas yet.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, I live in Epsom! Yeh it doesn't sound good.....really wanted to be in halls but I suppose a student house might be cool. Maybe try ringing them and finding out about whether you have a place? Most of the time they already know they just havnt had time to put the official offer up on ucas yet.
    let's hope we both get halls!
    i know that i have a place because i was told at the interview, just need the official offer now. it's a week from the interview today so will ring them tomorrow if my ucas status doesn't change today.

ReputationRep:
    hey everybody, i started a group on facebook for people going on to fashion ba at middlesex university in october 2011:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...522708185&ap=1

hope to see you there.

xx

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 26, 2011
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.