Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In general, which would you rather be at?

ReputationRep:
    Based solely on the name from what I have heard (which is probably very biased with not much behind it)...... Exeter!

But go where you see yourself happiest
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Either. Don't mind.

You will find many people suggest Exeter, cos it ranks higher.

SOTON is just as great in my opinion, if not better.

ReputationRep:
    Not fair to say which one is better without knowing what you want to study but to me, in terms of general reputation, I would give a vote to Exeter although the difference is not that significant

ReputationRep:
    Southampton, frankly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxchrisxxx)
    Southampton, frankly.
    I want the general perceptions first. Thanks for responses so far.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    As a city, I prefer Exeter. However, the nightlife is better in Southampton IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Southampton, it has more of a buzz to it.

ReputationRep:
    Probably Southampton

ReputationRep:
    Are you mad didn't you know that Southampton is a russell group university:O

*I'm joking*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalMH)
    Are you mad didn't you know that Southampton is a russell group university:O

*I'm joking*
    Joking aside, is SOTON what you 'prefer'?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Exeter. I consider it to be a better university for the subjects I would have wanted to study and a better area, but I'm a fan of the countryside, beaches etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertWhite)
    Joking aside, is SOTON what you 'prefer'?
    :/ It is hard cause both our great uni's, SOTON does have some course that are leading in the fields but Exeter doesn't :/ well SOTON has course in top 10 (as well as top 20) whereas Exeter has in top 20.

If I'm honest if i had to choose between the 2 i would do it more on the location and feeling of the places not necessarily the uni

ReputationRep:
    Why do people keep capitalising Soton?

Anyway, for me, probably Exeter just cos I wouldn't want to go to uni close to home :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalMH)
    :/ It is hard cause both our great uni's, SOTON does have some course that are leading in the fields but Exeter doesn't :/ well SOTON has course in top 10 (as well as top 20) whereas Exeter has in top 20.

If I'm honest if i had to choose between the 2 i would do it more on the location and feeling of the places not necessarily the uni
    Hmm okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magical Moogles)
    Southampton I think of scientific subjects like Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering etc. Exeter I think of things like English, Law, Business. In such case, I couldn't generalise which was better because they both have their strengths. Southampton was recognised as a top performer long before Exeter gained popularity :fyi:
    What do you think for Psychology then? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertWhite)
    What do you think for Psychology then? :rolleyes:
    southampton deffo

ReputationRep:
    Probably Exeter, but I am not sure if you mean Southampton Solent University??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamburgerandbeans)
    Probably Exeter, but I am not sure if you mean Southampton Solent University??
    No, Southampton, not Solent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    southampton deffo
    Any reason why?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.