Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How can i gain height? i think i'm well small for my age. i'm 18 btw and im 5'6 :\

ReputationRep:

not sure how genetically different plants and humans are, but it's worth a shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)

not sure how genetically different plants and humans are, but it's worth a shot.
    pmsl im going to try it out tomorow. cheers.
    nahhh but seriously, is there like a secret potion??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan08ish)
    pmsl im going to try it out tomorow. cheers.
    nahhh but seriously, is there like a secret potion??
    Possibly. But if there was, it's been extremely well hidden, otherwise every shop would stock it and it would be renowned globally. Are your parents short? I was very short for ages so I know how you feel. Up until I was about 16/17 I always looked younger than everyone else my own age in every way possible, despite being almost a year older. Always used to be the short one and was subject to the miracle gro joke quite alot haha. But now look at me, I'm over 6 foot, **** yea. Still just as skinny though, so it's not all great. If you aren't a skinny ****, at least be thankful for that. As for growing taller, try constantly jumping for a year. Your legs at least should grow thanks to gravity.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly. But if there was, it's been extremely well hidden, otherwise every shop would stock it and it would be renowned globally. Are your parents short? I was very short for ages so I know how you feel. Up until I was about 16/17 I always looked younger than everyone else my own age in every way possible, despite being almost a year older. Always used to be the short one and was subject to the miracle gro joke quite alot haha. But now look at me, I'm over 6 foot, **** yea. Still just as skinny though, so it's not all great. If you aren't a skinny ****, at least be thankful for that. As for growing taller, try constantly jumping for a year. Your legs at least should grow thanks to gravity.
    Ermm......gravity pulls you down, and besides when you land from your jump, surely your body would the pushed down and hence any gain from the stretching motion of jumping up would be balanced out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    Ermm......gravity pulls you down, and besides when you land from your jump, surely your body would the pushed down and hence any gain from the stretching motion of jumping up would be balanced out.
    I hadn't thought about that. Now my idea seems stupid and infeasible.

ReputationRep:
    Eat well, sleep well, exercise - then hope for the best

/thread

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I hadn't thought about that. Now my idea seems stupid and infeasible.
    Your leg muscles would stretch but your bones wouldn't so it wouldn't work, not because of what was previously said about gravity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ySJT...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    Not quite as related as "I wish i was a little bit taller"

ReputationRep:
    Woah, some of the short people have been great sports stars

Manny Paquiao - 5,6
    Prince Naseem Hamed - 5,4
    Sachin Tendulkar - 5.5
    Diego Maradona - 5,5

Just to name a few, so being short isn't bad at all.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.