Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Because men know how to 'man up' and 'take it like a man'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fat-Love)
    Because men know how to 'man up' and 'take it like a man'

ReputationRep:
    Another form of sexism is in how society thinks of men...

As in they're not supposed to give a ****... They're 'ard... They're masculine

Suppose a guy gets raped... Is he going to be up for getting the ******* arrested as much as a woman? (though both would likely feel ashamed)

This is why there's a lot of male cases that are not reported...

Look at having testicular cancer, doubt many guys would rather see a doctor even though being a bit embarrassed could potentially save his balls

Before I get chewed out by tsr, I'm good with feminism, but only when it's done properly (I.e when you DON'T talk about equality only when it's convenient)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annora)
    If you feel discriminated against in some fashion, why don't you stand up and say something about it rather than complain about feminism?
    Because much of the discrimination is rooted within feminism 'logic' itself, and woah unto the man who says a bad word about female empowerment. Before the brave soul has a chance to finish his sentence he is met with an onslaught of abuse, by both women and white knight men, labelled a misogynist and is told he's probably 'bitter' or has a small penis.

Title is harmlessly provocative. Real talk though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jn2DCkZRP4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    I think as well as men being considered stronger, more able to take banter and also more likely to give banter back, there's also the fact that for a long time, women were, for want of a better word, opressed by men, both at home and in general. At home, they couldn't go out to work or do what they wanted to, they were expected to clean, cook and raise children. In general, there was a long time when women couldn't vote, and even then there were much stronger regulations on how old they had to be to vote - these rules were imposed by men.
    Yes, banter is one of the main problems and completely comparable to the latter :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Yes, banter is one of the main problems and completely comparable to the latter :rolleyes:
    I don't understand what you mean... :confused:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.