Turn on thread page Beta

Curly hair people - what's your hair regime? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hair type: A bit of a mix of curls. Some tight corkscrews at the bottom, wavey at the top but with mostly spiral curls.

Hair regime:
    I shampoo and condition with the L'Oreal elvive smooth-intense line firstly. I wash my hair twice a week in the shower after swimming. When I get home I section my hair and twist sections with the hair masque from the same line. (I realise this sounds like I'm being paid to advertise the stuff but I'm not honest! ) It's the only thing to have ever helped to get rid of 90% of the frizz and make my hair feel soft and shiny. The only downside is that I find the effects don't often last longer than 24 hours, yet washing my hair more than twice a week actually increases the frizz.

Just thought I'd start this thread to help us curly haired people and because I was curious to hear how everyone else copes with the daily frizz battle.

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit I don't really make an awful lot of effort with my hair and tend to take for granted the fact that cause it's curly it usually looks alright no matter what!

Brush it, wash it, usually Herbal Essences Dazzling Shine/VO5 Sheer Vitality. Conditioner only very rarely as I find it makes my hair really greasy. Towel dry, blow dry. Done.

ReputationRep:
    I have slightly curly hair, or wavy hair.

I wash it with Head and Shoulders or Herbal Essences Shampoo (whichever one is on offer in the supermarket tbh) and towell dry it. But if anyone has any amazing products or techniques I can use on my hair (that don't waste too much time), feel free to say.

ReputationRep:
    Regular shampoo then once a week conditioner with virgin coconut oil. Keep my locks soft and shiny

ReputationRep:
    Shampoo twice a week, detangle in the shower, condition with Original Source White Pear and Avocado, rinse, put a little bit more on as a leave-in, followed by boots gel, boots pink curl cream, garnier fructis gel (forgot which one it is!). Phew! I only do this when I need to look acceptable the next day!

Oh and if I'm going to sleep I dry it with a hair dryer with a diffuser on then shove it in a loose bun on the top of my head.

Take in mind I use the "curly girl" routine, which is well worth a google.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KhizzReynzz)
    Shampoo twice a week, detangle in the shower, condition with Original Source White Pear and Avocado, rinse, put a little bit more on as a leave-in, followed by boots gel, boots pink curl cream, garnier fructis gel (forgot which one it is!). Phew! I only do this when I need to look acceptable the next day!

Oh and if I'm going to sleep I dry it with a hair dryer with a diffuser on then shove it in a loose bun on the top of my head.

I tried the curly girl method, but it didn't work for me. I persevered for 2 months atleast, but I think my hair is too flat at the roots to not have to shampoo it twice a week. It just frazzles towards the tips.
    I've not tried hair gel before as I've always had the impression it would make hair crunchy. Is it any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow-Dream)
    I tried the curly girl method, but it didn't work for me. I persevered for 2 months atleast, but I think my hair is too flat at the roots to not have to shampoo it twice a week. It just frazzles towards the tips.
    I've not tried hair gel before as I've always had the impression it would make hair crunchy. Is it any good?
    I shampoo mine twice a week, and it's fine it's just finding a shampoo that doesn't have too many sulfates...I am yet to find one, but it doesn't particularly affect my hair!

As long as you watch the amount of gel you use it should be fine, like a pea sized amount. Mine can get quite wild, so I use two types of gel, but I'd start out with 1, then you can judge for yourself if you need more!

Also, the right hair cut does wonders!

ReputationRep:
    I shampoo mine twice a week, and it's fine it's just finding a shampoo that doesn't have too many sulfates...I am yet to find one, but it doesn't particularly affect my hair!

As long as you watch the amount of gel you use it should be fine, like a pea sized amount. Mine can get quite wild, so I use two types of gel, but I'd start out with 1, then you can judge for yourself if you need more!

Also, the right hair cut does wonders!
    Cool, thanks.
    It took me years to find the right hair cut but it's easier now I get it thinned out.

ReputationRep:

I like that Boots pink curl cream. It's good stuff. And so cheap, which makes a change!

I swear by Aussie Miracle Moist shampoo and conditioner and 3 Minute Miracle Hair Mask. I never thought of myself as having dry hair before, and I still don't really, but my hairdresser told me once that using a moisturising shampoo keeps your curly hair in much better condition than using a shampoo for your hair type and then a conditioner. She was right! I suppose curls need more care. And moisturising shampoo still cleans the hair, so it's all good

ReputationRep:
    I used to have pretty long hair, which was real curly, but then,
    I cut my hair short,
    when I say short I mean really short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazyswot)
    I like that Boots pink curl cream. It's good stuff. And so cheap, which makes a change!

I swear by Aussie Miracle Moist shampoo and conditioner and 3 Minute Miracle Hair Mask. I never thought of myself as having dry hair before, and I still don't really, but my hairdresser told me once that using a moisturising shampoo keeps your curly hair in much better condition than using a shampoo for your hair type and then a conditioner. She was right! I suppose curls need more care. And moisturising shampoo still cleans the hair, so it's all good
    Oohh thanks. I went swimming last week and somebody left a bottle of aussie 3 minute miracle in the changing rooms. There was only a little left in it and tried it on my hair. Worked pretty well, similar to the L'oreal hair mask I use.

ReputationRep:
    I have moderately curly hair.
    I have started using Tre Semme Naturals shampoo and conditioner, which has greatly improved manageability somehow. Then I towel dry it and rough dry it with a hair dryer.

ReputationRep:
    The best I've used is the products from Pro Naturals

ReputationRep:
    My hair is a mix of curls, between ringlets and wavy! I love Tresemme's shampoo with argan oil in it

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.