Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is anyone here NOT planning on doing a typical 9-5 job? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone's career ambitions changed in these few months? Lol...

ReputationRep:
    I imagine yours will during University. Mine haven't I'm already committed via certain tasks I've agreed to do but unless you're absolutely sure (and you'll know when you are) setting something in stone before you're 21 is pretty foolish.

Around 25 - 27 is when people have enough life experience to know both what they want and can do. However, like I said, if you know yourself completely - and what the job entails - I see no problem setting yourself down a path towards such a goal, regardless of your age (the catch; you usually only discover yourself during/after University or HS).

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Brighton Institute of Modern Music to take a Degree in Professional Musicianship. Some people on here may, and others offline have, laughed at the idea of this, as it's not an academic subject. But I'm not going to university for the degree itself, I'm going for the tuition I will receive, all the skills I will learn, the experience, and the contacts you can get in a place like BIMM, with solid connections to the music industry, internationally as well as just the UK. So as you might've guessed, I am a musician, hoping to make it in this world by doing that as a profession. Not dreaming of being in a touring band playing stadiums every other night, but moreso making a decent living from something I enjoy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.