Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't know what to do please advise me. I'm in a relationship and dealing with major depression at the same time. U know how they say when your depressed find some thing that makes you happy, well he makes me happy.

I feel like a bad person since I expect things from him I shouldn't do. I get really upset when he says goodnight bcos it hurts soo bad that when I'm depressed and feeling like harming myself at night I need him to take my mind off it.

I can't explain this pain I feel being alone because that's when all these thoughts come to me and I sometimes harm myself ,slap my self pull my hair.

I know what you all will say that I shouldn't rely on him but I can't help it so many times I tried to stop speaking to him but it made me worse and suicidal. I feel stupid and selfish to put him through this! I get angry very easily and get upset at little things he does wrong like he didn't but me a birthday gift and it made me feel even more un wanted or like how he goes out with his friends most of the time and doesn't text me for ages. it triggers my depression. I want to leave him but Im afraid of myself if I do.

I have tried various anti depressants and none seem to work.

???

ReputationRep:
    have you talked to your bf about how you are feeling? explain these little things, cos then he would understand and may change/adapt the way he behaves

also it may be worth seeing your gp, see if you can try some other medicine, or see if your gp can refer you to a councellor (sp?) so you can talk things through and develop a way of dealing with things in your own way.

I know, what people say in here cant really help, but try to understand that taking your life wont be the best option, you have a long life to live, things change, if your depression is controlled things will begin to look brighter and you will begin to see good thing and develop ways of dealing with them

ReputationRep:
    Get counselling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach12)
    have you talked to your bf about how you are feeling? explain these little things, cos then he would understand and may change/adapt the way he behaves

also it may be worth seeing your gp, see if you can try some other medicine, or see if your gp can refer you to a councellor (sp?) so you can talk things through and develop a way of dealing with things in your own way.

I know, what people say in here cant really help, but try to understand that taking your life wont be the best option, you have a long life to live, things change, if your depression is controlled things will begin to look brighter and you will begin to see good thing and develop ways of dealing with them
    This is great advice. OP, go to the doctor and talk about this. Internet forums are not the best place for these type of issues. Depression doesn't have to stop you living your life, try to manage it and you can have a fantastic fulfilling life. Please talk to a professional about these issues.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.