Turn on thread page Beta

I'm reasonably confident that by the age of 40, I'll have committed suicide :) watch

ReputationRep:
    Now please don't mistake this for a depressive thread where I throw myself upon your mercy, talking my down from the edge, as it were. I'm merely making an observation and would like to know if you think it warrants suicide

Well, I'm socially devoid of any worth. I've never had many friends, I've been bullied at every stage of my life by family and peers alike, never even so much as kissed someone on the cheek.

I'm not academic, and I'm not good at anything, really; this really is no exaggeration.

Perhaps I'm a hopeless romantic, but what I'd really like in life is love. Oh, and this is where another large problem should make its appearance - I'm a homosexual gay. I'm also incidentally a Roman Catholic. I don't think it's wrong at all to be gay, and I would actively encourage others to be who they are, find love and enjoy life. However, I don't think it's something I should pursue, although there's nothing more I'd love.

I know what the solution is but I simply could not resolve it. I could never open up due to the previous bullying, I could never be intimate with someone or reveal much about myself which is why I don't have many friends either. Finding someone whom I love is easy, but finding someone who loves me is damn near impossible. It's terribly important for me to be happy to find this, but I never could. If I continue to exist as I do, then I think 40 would be about the age I could go to before losing all sense of hope and worth.

As I say, take all that with a pinch of salt as there's nothing that can rectify it, but I think this is a reasonable time limit to put on my life.

Would you agree?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a heterosexual gay.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming what all you want is love:

If you commit suicide, you will never have love.

If you don't commit suicide, you might get some love, no matter how ephemeral, at one point in your life. Of course you might not, but then again, the very fact you have a chance is surely better than no chance at all?

You can't win if you don't play the game! Why quit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmon93)
    I'm a heterosexual gay.
    Well it's slightly easier for you then

Fffs just do it if you really want to. I'm sick of reading threads about your supposedly awful life with people offering you a million reasons as to not do it and then you make another thread about the same thing the next week. It's clear no one here will be able to dissuade you and as terrible as I feel saying it, I don't care about dissuading you. Just go ahead and do it if you really feel that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Fffs just do it if you really want to. I'm sick of reading threads about your supposedly awful life with people offering you a million reasons as to not do it and then you make another thread about the same thing the next week. It's clear no one here will be able to dissuade you and as terrible as I feel saying it, I don't care about dissuading you. Just go ahead and do it if you really feel that way.
    I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've made a thread like this.

What if I was to say I feel the same as you? I'm almost 20. I'm gay and I come from a Christian upbringing. Religion is the core of life to my dad, who is homophobic. I know exactly what you mean when you say finding someone you love is easy but getting it back is a near certain never. I pretend to be straight in front of my friends although the majority of people who know of me probably think I am closet/openly gay.

I haven't worked out what I am going to do. I think it's all about risks vs. benefit. I'm still figuring that one out. I don't want you to commit suicide. I don't want to commit suicide. Life is far too important and worth living even if you feel like it hasn't been the case for the last 20 years.

ReputationRep:
    Not if nature gets you first. :ninja:

To my post above, I posted so many times on your old threads stating reasons and arguements over why you shouldn't but nothing said here seems to have an effect on you.

ReputationRep:
    Anonymous to say that? Really? :teehee:

OP, 40 seems pretty damn old to me. I wouldn't spend 20 years feeling as I do. :dontknow: [insert oh no you shouldn't paragraph here]

ReputationRep:
    What if I was to say I feel the same as you? I'm almost 20. I'm gay and I come from a Christian upbringing. Religion is the core of life to my dad, who is homophobic. I know exactly what you mean when you say finding someone you love is easy but getting it back is a near certain never. I pretend to be straight in front of my friends although the majority of people who know of me probably think I am closet/openly gay.

I haven't worked out what I am going to do. I think it's all about risks vs. benefit. I'm still figuring that one out. I don't want you to commit suicide. I don't want to commit suicide. Life is far too important and worth living even if you feel like it hasn't been the case for the last 20 years.
    Well you've only a year on me, I'm 19. It's not just the gay thing, but even friends I don't have. I'm not morbid about my situation, but once 40 arrives, there's not much new I could ever do so I think it would be best to save time and get it over and done with.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody here think that growing old is actually a good thing? Get some perspective.

Killing yourself requires some form of courage, which I think is beyond a lot of people.

ReputationRep:
    To my post above, I posted so many times on your old threads stating reasons and arguements over why you shouldn't but nothing said here seems to have an effect on you.
    De-anonymise yourself then so I can see if you have, because I've only made one thread about not getting a job where people took pity on me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Anonymous to say that? Really? :teehee:

OP, 40 seems pretty damn old to me. I wouldn't spend 20 years feeling as I do. :dontknow: [insert oh no you shouldn't paragraph here]
    Yeah, I thought that too, but suppose I should give it some chance.

ReputationRep:
    My mate said he's gonna top himself when he nears 60, because according to him he won't be able to have sex with any 20 to 30 year old females without going to a whorehouse. He's already planned it all out. This may not actually contribute anything to your thread but it's about suicide.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I believe if you do not truly want to continue living that is your right, and quite frankly I think it would be selfish of someone to say otherwise. But I do not think you truly want to, you still have some hope left, which will be enough to get you through. Just live life and see what it gives you, imagine you are just viewing it from someone else's perspective. You never know, your luck might turn. And if you suicide it you truly will never know.

ReputationRep:
    As you grow older your perspective will change. Maybe love isn't gonna happen for you - it's a possibility, life ain't a fairytale kiddo. I can tell you that the more time you spend worrying on about it and looking for it the less chance you'll have of it. Leaaahhh-aah-ahhhhrrr-rrrning to love yourself, it is the greatest love of all, and once you look inside yourself you will find your passions, and you'll know when you find 'em. And so will everyone else cos you'll be suffused with purpose. That's when you'll find love.

Then again I am planning to off myself when I get to the age of 70-something, my grandma went into a nursing home and now all the inheritance is being siphoned off into some harpy-like old woman's Aston Martin and pet chihuahua and I wouldn't want to sign mine away like that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I hope you will learn, eventually, that there is much more to life than finding a life partner. Yes, it would be very nice - but you do not need to be loved as a partner to enjoy life. I'm just starting to get used to the fact that I will, quite probably, not get into a serious relationship for a variety of reasons.

So quit moping around waiting for something to happen - get out into the world and find a direction for your life. Follow a dream you had a child maybe, or one you have now. As cringe worthy as this next bit is I will say it anyway: you only have one life - don't **** it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatemylife)
    ... there's nothing that can rectify it, but I think this is a reasonable time limit to put on my life.

Would you agree?
    no, i wouldnt agree...because you absolutely CAN rectify your problems! obviously not easily, but you can definitely have what you want (love and friendship).

things that have happened in your life to date have obviously left you jaded and depressed... but if you keep letting your past define you, you'll never move on... you need to take positive action and change things for the better. a million times easier said than done, but it's really not that unrealistic or unachievable.

however, i know that whatever i say you probably wont change. i guess if you want your life to change, you'd have to want it for yourself and really commit yourself to changing things.. strangers on TSR wont change your mindset, no matter what they say.

i do hope you feel better someday though, and you die an old man with hair coming out of places hair shouldnt with someone you love

ReputationRep:
    wow u need to cheer up:bban::banana::banana2::badger::ahee:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.