Turn on thread page Beta

Who else here wants to become a multi-millionaire? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you really primary goal want to become a multi-millionaire?
    no I'd be happy without a few million, I dont care/I'm not trying for it
    20.00%
    yes that's my aim
    80.00%

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering if it's something everyone wants to do when they're young and stupid, or if it's only something a few ppl aspire to.
    I mean who else has it in their top priority, who else feels strongly motivated by it, I'm not referring to the losers who would love to have it given to them so they don't have to work or so they can buy all the pot in the world. Don't get me wrong, I'm for the legalization of pot, although I don't smoke, but I'm talking about ppl really into it.

I hope it's not a lot. If it's a lot that probably means it's a passing thing everyone wants and few ppl get, like being a bloody football star or rock star or anything stupid like that, does everyone wanna be a goddam millionaire?

ReputationRep:
    I would like to, but i'd like to earn it not win it (and by earn i mean proper job not being a celeb).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dpwalker)
    I would like to, but i'd like to earn it not win it (and by earn i mean proper job not being a celeb).
    What do you mean proper job? You know that that amount only gets earned by starting your own business and trying out an idea and being an entrepreneur.
    Being an employee is safe but it'll never get you there.

ReputationRep:
    I like making money through investments. Being a multi-millionaire would be a by product of my hobbies/interests rather than an objective. That being said, I'm pretty sure I'll be a millionaire. Anyone who says no can go **** themselves.

ReputationRep:
    A million pounds is not cool any more. Do you know what is cool?

A billion pounds! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerset)
    What do you mean proper job? You know that that amount only gets earned by starting your own business and trying out an idea and being an entrepreneur.
    Being an employee is safe but it'll never get you there.
    tell that to the bankers!

ReputationRep:
    yep, I do!!!!!!!!!! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    what! of course not being poor is awesome!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Being an entrprenuer is cool. Gunna get my first million by 22, hopefully first billion by 26.

Very confident on the million but I think Ill miss the billion by a few hundred mil.

Real talk.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone thinks like that. Oh and wanting to be a "football star" is not stupid :rolleyes:. It's as decent an ambition as wanting to be a "multi-millionaire".

Everyone thinks if they get into law or investment banking they'll be making a million before they're 30 so they can retire. Or the people who think they'll become CEO if they do business studies.

The only realistic ways I can think of being a millionaire is starting up your own business. Very few can get a million from employment except the few who are bigshot lawyers or being a top dog banker or something. Though you have to either be very shrewd or very lucky to develop a successful business which will get you "multi-millions". I know you think you have the potential and you "know" you're extra-shrewd, but so do all the other millions of millionaire wannabes.

But to be honest, I think that phase passes in a lot of people because they realise it's not that realistic an ambition, especially for the majority who have no intention of starting up a business.

Why do you want to be a multi-millionaire though? Just for the sake of money? To be honest, I respect people who do something they genuinely love more than someone who just does something for money, as an end instead of a byproduct of doing something they love. Or using the million they make to pursue their hobbies and intersts in life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceWater)
    wanting to be a "football star" is not stupid :rolleyes:. It's as decent an ambition as wanting to be a "multi-millionaire".
    But is it as realistic? everyone wants to be a football star and everyone grows out of it. Get it?
    The only realistic ways I can think of being a millionaire is starting up your own business.
    I completely agree.
    Why do you want to be a multi-millionaire though? Just for the sake of money? To be honest, I respect people who do something they genuinely love more than someone who just does something for money, as an end instead of a byproduct of doing something they love. Or using the million they make to pursue their hobbies and intersts in life
    Nice. There's a number of things I want to buy that coast a few million. (relative's villa: in our family for a century, being sold out in 2013 'cause of the economic crisis. I also want to buy a yacht 'cause I love sailing) Besides that I'm only interested in inventions, ideas, stocks, and winning these challenges. All these goals inevitably point toward multi-millions.

(to the person who said "billions is cool" you don't know what you're talking about. billions is not cool)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerset)
    But is it as realistic? everyone wants to be a football star and everyone grows out of it. Get it?

I completely agree.

Nice. There's a number of things I want to buy that coast a few million. (relative's villa: in our family for a century, being sold out in 2013 'cause of the economic crisis. I also want to buy a yacht 'cause I love sailing) Besides that I'm only interested in inventions, ideas, stocks, and winning these challenges. All these goals inevitably point toward multi-millions.

(to the person who said "billions is cool" you don't know what you're talking about. billions is not cool)
    Oh okay. In that case I'd say that MORE people want to be a millionaire! Money is a universal thing and everyone knows that money "makes the world goes around". So I'd imagine people wanting to have as much of it as possible. Football is a popular sport but it doesn't appeal to everyone. In short I'd say more people think about it than being a football star. But like being a football star people will grow out of it when they realise they 1) They don't know how to make a million 2) They don't want to start up their own business where there's risk involved 3) They get into paid employment where they finally realise they're not even going to make 50k+ a year. Or the lawyer / IB wannabes who think they'll make a million before they're 30 lol

Cool. In that case, I think that's a good idea. You're lucky in that what you're interested in (stocks) is intrinsically related to finance. My dream was regarding ideas and "inventions" as well, in that I think it'd be cool to make breakthroughs in maths. Problem is, you don't get paid much! But I don't really mind.

ReputationRep:
    Anyon who says they don't want to be a millionaire is either a sanctimonious **** or lying, or both. Of course for most people becoming rich is not the to priority having a loving family etc are, but it sure goes a long way to making you hppy.

ReputationRep:
    i want to became billionare then millionare to lead my life towards my destiny but i dont need money to live

ReputationRep:
    I want to be the next Rupert Murdock

ReputationRep:
    You guys should read "How to get rich" by Felix Denis http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Get-Rich.../dp/009192166X.
    In it he talks about the real cost of getting rich and why most people can't or won't pay that ultimate price.

Very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I have never seen being a millionaire as a goal. Maybe it's because my parents don't earn loads (mum can't seem to get a job and my dad teaches) but I've felt like I've been greatly provides for regardless - even while having 2 brothers.

I want to do something I'll enjoy and earn a fair amount of money from. I do also want to, once I've earned enough money, try setting up my own business. So if I become a millionaire yeah that'd be great but really I just want the experience of owning and managing a business.

ReputationRep:
    I WILL become at least a multi-millionaire I believe.
    My degree doesn't really allow you to be any less than a multi-millionaire anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Who doesn't?

ReputationRep:
    Most people won't make it. Ppl who think it'd be dashed fun idea to be a millionaire won't become one.
    Also, billionaire is no fun at all. Billionaires do not have a good life: their offspring have a decent life but they don't It's so much that way that Gates will only give 20m to each of his kids, he doesn't want this weight of worry over billions that doesn't affect your life at all except put more stress on it. imo, 20m is the epitomy of a good number to have, any more and it stops affecting your lifestyle and starts only affecting your stress & health.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.