Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For AS I got:
    English Language and Literature- 168/200 UMS (A)
    Spanish-138/200 UMS (C) 2 UMS off a B
    Music- 201/300 UMS (C)

Is is possible for me to achieve at least B's overall in Spanish and Music? Maybe even A's? Or is that just unrealistic....

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Work hard is the only answer

The only way it would be impossible is of you got like D's and werent resitting

ReputationRep:
    To get an A in Music you need 279 UMS out of this year's possible 300, I don't do music so I'm not sure how hard it is to get close to full marks in the different modules etc, but I would've thought it would be quite hard to get this but it is still possible.
    To get a B however, you need 219 UMS this year which is quite a low B
    To get an A in Spanish you need 182 UMS out of this year's 200, which again is ptobably hard to achieve, but definitely possible.
    And to get a B in Spanish you need 142 UMS this year, which is a very low B.
    Good luck!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yes, it is possible. The probability is dependant on various things however.

ReputationRep:
    It is possible, but you have to work extremely hard...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's still even possible for you to get AAA. Don't listen to other people when they say you're unlikely to achieve a grade, because it's not like they know your brain, so just work as hard as you can and you'll achieve some pretty damn good grades.

(Original post by heartskippedabeat)
    To get an A in Music you need 279 UMS out of this year's possible 300, I don't do music so I'm not sure how hard it is to get close to full marks in the different modules etc, but I would've thought it would be quite hard to get this but it is still possible.
    To get an A in Spanish you need 182 UMS out of this year's 200, which again is ptobably hard to achieve, but definitely possible.
    Good luck!
    What are you talking about? As far as I understand, grades are always the same (240/300 80% A, 210/300 70% B). The only thing that changes are the raw marks in the exams which determine your UMS, but they are based on how well every candidate performs, so they won't be known until the exam has been sat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartskippedabeat)
    Good luck!
    Actually 279/300 would get her an A*, as would the 182/200 in Spanish.

@OP, do a few resits and you can easily still come out with AAA - lots of people here went from [email protected] to [email protected]

(Original post by .Theory)
    What are you talking about? As far as I understand, grades are always the same (240/300 80% A, 210/300 70% B). The only thing that changes are the raw marks in the exams which determine your UMS, but they are based on how well every candidate performs, so they won't be known until the exam has been sat.
    If the op needs 80% average from As and A2, and she's got 68% from As - then in order to get an A overall, she needs to get 92% at A2 - this is what heartskippedabeat was saying.

ReputationRep:
    That would get them an A on their A2 modules, but not an A overall. The other poster had added to this the UMS that they lost on their AS modules that they need to make up to get the grade for the A level as a whole. Because they got a C at AS, they need slightly higher UMS this time round to make up the difference.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, cool, so I must seem pretty retarded right now... serves me right for posting so early in the morning.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesilvermagnolia)
    For AS I got:
    English Language and Literature- 168/200 UMS (A)
    Spanish-138/200 UMS (C) 2 UMS off a B
    Music- 201/300 UMS (C)

Is is possible for me to achieve at least B's overall in Spanish and Music? Maybe even A's? Or is that just unrealistic....
    If a grade wasn't possible, the exam board wouldn't put it on now would they?

durrrr

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, cool, so I must seem pretty retarded right now... serves me right for posting so early in the morning.....
    Haha, don't worry, I probably should've made it clearer but I was still half asleep too

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.