Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive always loved the open boyish denim shirt look so i bought this one ...

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...m&pageSize=200

however now Ive got it i need something to wear with it, what type of top could i get to go with it, i am thinking long top and leggings but i need to find a long top not sure what type of bottoms i would wear with it if i was going to

thanks in advance

ps im a student so cant spend too much but i usually shop in places like topshop, river island, H&M

ReputationRep:
    As a rule, I'd go with a top that is lighter than the denim. What you wear with it would depend on whether you wanted to make the jacket the center piece or an accessory.

I'd go with a white/cream long top that comes down to the bottom of your bum and light leggings. I wouldn't go with black leggings as I think the contrast would be too much and would clash. Unless you went for some similar shade denim shorties. Although they'd have to be longer than the top otherwise you'd look.... well. Naked.

ReputationRep:
    There are loads of things you could do with it!
    You could wear it as a jacket over a pretty floral dress, a white floaty dress or skirt, a vest-top tucked into a bodycon skirt (with/without tights), try out the double denim trend with denim shorts (try bleach white - extreme contrasts make double denim work!), or if you want something with more shape maybe button it up and tuck it into a pair of khaki shorts - bang on trend this Spring! Take a look at this model on ASOS and you'll see what I mean http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Tie-Wa...1&clr=Mid+Blue

ReputationRep:
    i think the jacket would look nice over http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/t...vest_220891519

and either some shorts, or black leggings

i find new look have lots of nice day tops online, and most of them arent that expensive good luck on finding the perfect outfit!

ReputationRep:
    I think peachy-orange, khaki, tan, sage/cream/white, black obv, deep red are all colours that'd go great with that shade. I'd definitely wear my khaki shorts with it in summer, probably with a loose cream top! Or maybe a black/cream cotton/jersey kinda dress. Also love the leggings and denim shirt look. A small-print dress would look great too, in like red or black. OH and in the summer I like wearing bare legs with ankle boots and a denim shirt for a bit of a Western look haha!

ReputationRep:
    Black jeans? Or treggings? As long as they're not blue jeans you'll look fab!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oversized top, black skinnies?

Over a dress?

ReputationRep:
    matching color jeans, aww yeee =D

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.