Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im a warwick firmer for 2011.
    i was just wondering if I should bother bringing my longboard to uni, since where i live now i use it to travel most short distances when i can, and the weather is always good especially in the summer (madrid). Is it worth it at warwick? what are the longest possible distances from (the farthest away acommodation) to where ever (gym, SU, etc)? Are the footpaths paved or dirt roads, and how much traffic is there on the normal roads?

thanks a lot in advance, and looking forward to going there in october!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camacho11)
    Hi, im a warwick firmer for 2011.
    i was just wondering if I should bother bringing my longboard to uni, since where i live now i use it to travel most short distances when i can, and the weather is always good especially in the summer (madrid). Is it worth it at warwick? what are the longest possible distances from (the farthest away acommodation) to where ever (gym, SU, etc)? Are the footpaths paved or dirt roads, and how much traffic is there on the normal roads?

thanks a lot in advance, and looking forward to going there in october!
    Check out this map which highlights the accommodation and the location of the most interesting parts that are of use. As a rough guide, it takes about 15 minutes to walk from the Sports Centre (E5) to the Westwood Games Hall (E2). If you do Biological Sciences or live in Westwood, it may be worth it (especially if you do Biological Sciences and live in Westwood). And if you are skilled enough to carry shopping bags from Tesco while on a longboard that you could save quite a bit of time and energy :yy:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.