Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poll: Do you love England? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you love England?
    Yes, it's amazing! I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
    35.03%
    No, I hate it. Can't wait to leave.
    18.40%
    Eh. It's okay. I'm not that bothered either way.
    46.56%

ReputationRep:
    There isn't an option for parts of it

ReputationRep:
    My friends and family (well, some of them) are here, I love the english countryside.

But I feel the UK is a dying country; economically, morally, socially, i could go on. I feel there is little opportunity in England. I also generally dislike english people and modern english traditions.

Which is why I'm moving to the US in 3 1/2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    It's a hell of a lot better than many other countries. I wouldn't say I love it, but I do often consider myself lucky to be born here. I'm not 'proud' of being English or particularly patriotic though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but not in such a way way that I'd willingly change my Facebook status to "...in a relationship with..."

ReputationRep:
    You're right; patriotism is big in the USA.

But I'm ready to leave my country to explore the world, so I'm hoping to go to a uni. in England :} When I called KCL the other day, that was the first time I had ever spoken to someone with a British accent :O! It made me smile ^^

ReputationRep:
    Johnny forienger has ruined it for me.

Im going uni in the states and im not coming back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella Occhi)
    I love England as it was 100, 90 years ago. I love our history and our heritage. Modern England/Britain? Absolutely can't stand it. Can't wait to leave.
    Did you live in the Britain of 1911, then?

ReputationRep:
    England is pretty jolly Good!

ReputationRep:
    It's a great country! I couldn't imagine living anywhere else and being happy - especially the tolerance of Londoners

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insoms)
    This

We have an incredible heritage and history, we literally led the world in so many ways (including my area which is Physics).

Nowadays? Not so much, all facebook and reality tv. The British public as a whole are some of the worst in Europe. Living for the weekend clubbing over and over till you cant remember it and then on Monday making status updates "Can't wait for the weekend!" "so bored!"

We used to lead the world industrially, now we lead it (right behind America) as the degeneration of modern society. Would love to move somewhere in Europe.
    Yes, this is exactly what I mean. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

ReputationRep:
    I love it here. Went through a period of wanting to leave but I wasn't thinking straight, it's almost impossible to beat the quality of life we have here. Well at least in the South, I can't really speak for the North.

To those who hate it - either you're unlucky enough to live in a bad area (and there are bad areas in every country), or you're doing it wrong!

ReputationRep:
    I am patriotic and unashamed of it. I love England, wouldn't want to live anywhere else! That isn't to say I haven't been to other places, nor do I think other countries aren't great too, but I just prefer England's brand of awesome above all others.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, love it apart from the Brutalist architecture, chavs, Islamisation, and immigrants who don't speak good English.

ReputationRep:
    Can't imagine living anywhere else to be honest.

As long as it serves my needs then yes i'm fine with it. I wouldn't ever die for it though.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been, but the idea of England doesn't appeal to me. I'm in Scotland and I like it, no huge cities, friendly people. But parts of England are nice, I just fear London- so big.

ReputationRep:
    tbh I'm glad we're not crazy patriotic like the yanks! You can be proud of your country in a subtle way.

England or UK feels like home to me, esp home counties + London

I like Scotland too.

I could live abroad but idk if it would feel like home.

ReputationRep:
    I am very fond, yes.

ReputationRep:
    As someone who is Engrish (half English and half Irish) this has always been a conflicting question for me. On the most part I do love England, it is my home (currently) but I also miss Ireland whenever I am here (and here whenever I'm in Ireland). I also don't like everything about England, there are aspects of our history I hate and I really hate where this government is taking us. I want to see the best for England and I hope one day it'll have better relations with ex-colonies (especially Ireland). I do wish people would stop insulting England when they live in England though. If you hate it so much, please just leave.

ReputationRep:
    **** pay, **** people, **** weather, crap health system, poor education.

I think I'll go abroad.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.