Turn on thread page Beta

Poll: Do you love England? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you love England?
    Yes, it's amazing! I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
    35.18%
    No, I hate it. Can't wait to leave.
    18.36%
    Eh. It's okay. I'm not that bothered either way.
    46.46%

ReputationRep:
    There are things I hate about it, but on the whole I love England. It's my home and I can't imagine living anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atheist Britain)
    I love England and all other white countries
    This. I think Europe is the best continent on earth. If a country has a white majority then it typically be a stable, prosperous country, with a sophisticated social and technological structure. I love all white countries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigFudamental)
    Probably best you go see for yourself.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13085398

Now tell me the difference between going to Russia, which is a 'dump' and going to Dubai, which is purportedly "awesome"?

ReputationRep:
    Im certainly not gonna find many places prettier.

ReputationRep:
    British culture is being washed away, it's definitely not what it used to be. I can't define being English anymore because we're being mixed in with so many other cultures and religions. I prefer the way France is putting their foot down and protecting their culture.

ReputationRep:
    After living abroad for 11 years I just find the Uk so... boring. It's just dull most of the time - there's no excitement. The one beautiful sunny day gives you a little hope but the next day it's just back to rain rain rain... it's just so boring and miserable. Makes me feel miserable. Makes me wish I never came back.

(Although I must say I am talking about Scotland here... but I've been down to England too and I know it is only just slightly less rainy and miserable but it still is...)

I love my country but I do not love living here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ich Dien)
    Im certainly not gonna find many places prettier.
    :lolwut:

Serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    :lolwut:

Serious?
    Yes. I live in a holiday resort.
    If it isint, why will I never be able to afford a house here? Where I was born.

ReputationRep:
    England is the best country when it's hot.

ReputationRep:
    Nationalism is for fools
    The Royal family can f*** off
    We do have a chav infestation
    And we are way too overpopulated

But I love England, I love the country side and nature, even our weather I feel is excellent

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I live in a holiday resort.
    If it isint, why will I never be able to afford a house here? Where I was born.

I'm not sure what you mean but do you seriously think that's one of the most beautiful places in the world? Most countries of the world have better natural scenery than the UK. I don't mean that the English countryside is unpleasant, just that it's a bit dull and unspectacular

ReputationRep:
    I think it's pretty quirky. Especially when you go around Devon/Cornwall. It's pretty in parts, disgusting in others. There's good people, bad people, same as all the rest.

I don't think there's much about England that is particularly special, but I like the place. I won't be leaving it's too much of a home to me.

ReputationRep:
    It has its faults, but it will always be home.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what you mean but do you seriously think that's one of the most beautiful places in the world?
    Beatuy is in the eye of the beholder, and I dont want to go to Italy for precisely that reason.
    Other than that, Afganistan and Vietnam are too far away.

ReputationRep:
    Beatuy is in the eye of the beholder, and I dont want to go to Italy for precisely that reason.
    Other than that, Afganistan and Vietnam are too far away.
    Your reason for not wanting to visit Italy doesn't make any sense at all, and there are so many other places in the world

I'm surprised how many people have said it's home, I haven't decided which country I am going to make my home in the future and I probably won't for a good few years

ReputationRep:
    Your reason for not wanting to visit Italy doesn't make any sense at all,
    First, you seem to be on the verge of calling me retarded for not wanting to go anywhere else :rolleyes:, Im saying that I have a different idea of beauty to you, I say Italy because it was just an example of a place ive no reason to go to, because Im lucky to live in a place thats good enough for me.

Im not a holiday guy anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I love the United Kingdom.

ReputationRep:
    First, you seem to be on the verge of calling me retarded for not wanting to go anywhere else :rolleyes:, Im saying that I have a different idea of beauty to you, I say because it was just an example of a place ive no reason to go to, because Im lucky to live in a place thats good enough for me.
    I understand that but to not want to travel anywhere at all is quite odd. Do you also mean travelling to other parts of England; if you don't than what's the difference between that and going to other countries?

ReputationRep:
    I understand that but to not want to travel anywhere at all is quite odd.
    Why? I am content? whats so ****ing wierd about that? I have already what people are looking for when they go abroad..

Not to worry anyway, I know where my home is.

other parts of England
    No need to think about that, Because I know full well that if I were going to Uni I would automatically be moving into a worse/uglier area.

going to other countries?
    Realistically, I wont have the resources. Doesnt matter to me anyway because I never actually wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    Why? I am content? whats so ****ing wierd about that? I have already what people are looking for when they go abroad..
    Beaches, sun, and whatever else there is in Cornwall (I have been once when I was about 6, it wasn't bad but I don't actually remember anything) are far from the only reasons why people go abroad.

I meant what's the difference between going to other parts of England and going abroad?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.