The Student Room Group

How to revise for these specific subjects

I am doing my as levels, and below i have listed them, and the way i revise for them. Could anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong, or give some useful advice. Thanks
Btw all are AQA

Biology - I make spider diagrams, yet i always tend to forget certain topics after a bit, and if i keep going back to them, it wastes a lot of time. Also i do past papers.

Chemistry - I make notes, highlight them, past papers. Yet still in mocks, i find them so hard, i seem to always get awkward questions on something which wasn't even that big in the textbook.

English Lit Spec B- I just read through notes, im gonna start practising writing actual essay answers for past questions.

English Lang Spec B - Just making notes and learning defintions. Practising some past questions.
biology is just a sheer memory test. just keep learning all the facts and do lots of questions. though tbh, because topics at a time are so related, you should be able to string together a bigger picture per topic while learning it which should make the volume of information easier as one thing leads to another. LEARN KEY WORDS!

chemistry is more conceptual than biology. make sure you understand the principles at heart first. then resort to their applications by practising lots of questions or try describing explanations to answers (the ones that don't require calculations) until you can succinctly do them.

I don't do English so won't comment on those. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest