Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How am I supposed to eat 2400 calories/day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    KFC all the way, or a saveloy dip.

ReputationRep:
    Drink whole milk instead of water.

ReputationRep:
    How are you only eating 950cals a day! OMG i probs eat more that that for breakfast LOL i need to go on a diet :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Eat two tubs of Ben&Jerry's Chocolate Brownie Ice-cream :love:
    1250 calories per tub :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to eat more too.

Some tips:

1) Add a jacket potato to each meal (200 cal)
    2) Add half a tin of beans to each meal (200 cal)
    3) Have some coleslaw with each meal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilymay)
    Haha I haven't been to McDonalds in soo long lol, I only put a bigmac coz I was logging activities on calorie counter and at the bottom it tells you that you've burnt enough calories to cover '0.6 big macs with cheese- 700 calories' came on here straight afterwards and thought I'd tell someone personally can't eat a big mac, they don't look nice, and they're just so- big? can't fit a whole one in lol, especially if it comes with chips aswell.

I love the gerkins they put on them. The bread has a chewy feel, win for taste though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    This sounds like an impossibly large number to me. I average about 950-1500/day at the moment, and assorted calorie calculators are telling me I need about 2400/day, based on my level of exercise.

Any tips for getting up to this irritating number besides the obvious "eat more"? I don't eat much so advice on maximising what I do eat would be appreciated.

If it matters: 22, 5' 11'', ~11st.

H-S
    that doesn't seem like you eat much at all, 950 calories a day isnt enough really. How come you eat so little im a woman and i consume more calories than you and i cant eat any fattening foods.

ReputationRep:
    You must really hate food.

ReputationRep:
    whole milk and peanut butter

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.