Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have my interview later this month for the 3 - 7 course and was wondering if anyone who'd already had theirs could give me some tips on what to look into for the things I'll be asked?

Also how does the day run, do I expect to have a presentation landed on me on the day?! The only e-mail attachment I've been given is a GTC form to fill in

This seems to be the first and last interview I've not felt like I can prepare for!! xx

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck!
    I applied for the 5-11 course and I believe we were all intermixed.
    You don't do a presentation for YSJ. There is a group interview which is basically 5 of you and you are given a random object in which you have to talk about how you would use it to teach. After that is the tests. Followed by lunch / tours and then the individual interview.
    My interviewers were really nice, however some of them weren't so according to others.
    I was offered my place at YSJ 3 weeks ago and I'm so excited for September!
    Once again, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose.)
    Good Luck!
    I applied for the 5-11 course and I believe we were all intermixed.
    You don't do a presentation for YSJ. There is a group interview which is basically 5 of you and you are given a random object in which you have to talk about how you would use it to teach. After that is the tests. Followed by lunch / tours and then the individual interview.
    My interviewers were really nice, however some of them weren't so according to others.
    I was offered my place at YSJ 3 weeks ago and I'm so excited for September!
    Once again, good luck!
    Ah thank you! So happy I don't have to do a presentation, I hate them! Oooooh I wasn't aware we had an individual interview, I hate those too because I don't like not knowing what I'm going to be asked :eek:

Oh well, thank you for this, and well done on your offer!! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazylisa)
    Ah thank you! So happy I don't have to do a presentation, I hate them! Oooooh I wasn't aware we had an individual interview, I hate those too because I don't like not knowing what I'm going to be asked :eek:

Oh well, thank you for this, and well done on your offer!! xx
    No problem and good luck!! xx
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Rose.)
    No problem and good luck!! xx
    Hi!
    I've got my interview at York St. John's tomorrow for the Primary Ed 5-11.
    Can I just ask what types of questions were asked in the one-to-one interview?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glitterphobia)
    Hi!
    Thanks
    hello, how did your interview go?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Thanks
    You've obviously had yours by now, how did you find the individual interview? xx
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tabby_girl)
    hello, how did your interview go?
    (Original post by Lazylisa)
    You've obviously had yours by now, how did you find the individual interview? xx
    Hi, sorry for the late reply!
    It went really well overall, the staff were lovely and really friendly and made me feel at ease. I had a woman called Chris for the individual interview who was really nice and made it feel like a chat rather than an actual interview. The group interview was alright because everyone in the group were basically in the same position, but sometimes I think it was a bit like everyone was rushing to get their word in as there were a tutor at your table listening to everything you say and how you discuss things. The university is lovely too!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, sorry for the late reply!
    It went really well overall, the staff were lovely and really friendly and made me feel at ease. I had a woman called Chris for the individual interview who was really nice and made it feel like a chat rather than an actual interview. The group interview was alright because everyone in the group were basically in the same position, but sometimes I think it was a bit like everyone was rushing to get their word in as there were a tutor at your table listening to everything you say and how you discuss things. The university is lovely too!
    Ahhh that's okay then! What object did you get for the group one?! I'm praying I get a multiple option and not just a key or something so that I can easily use it for Maths and counting

Glad your individual interview went well, was it just reflecting upon your experience?

How long did they say it would take to get back to you?! I'm hoping they aren't going to take 3 weeks like they have with the other interviewees because my Leeds accommodation is first come first serve as of May if I get rejected by York! :eek:

Sorry for all the questions :rolleyes: xxx

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.