Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Edit:
    Sorry wrong thread

ReputationRep:
    From what I see you are in the 99th percentile. Put them on. I think they'll like that

ReputationRep:
    not gong to lie, I thought this was going to be someone who was trolling asking about Key Stage 3 Sats

and well I suppose there's no harm putting them on your UCAS, not that I know anything really

EDIT: ^ stole my comment

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!
    I was talking to someone who just got an offer from Ox law, he said it doesnt really matter once you have predicted A°AAs or US equivalent.
    interview makes or breaks your application.

thanks! =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberboss)
    Should I include them on my UCAS?

2350 (800 800 750)
    And
    800 German, Korean, Math II, Biology, World History
    US history 790
    Math I 770

cheers

Can they help? Since everyone applies with A°AA
    They'll certainly help
    Are you studying some other syllabus as well at the same time? (such as IB or A level?)
    If not, have you considered doing AP's as well?

If you are studying another syllabus, kudos to you on getting such god SAT's! I would definitely put them on UCAS!

ReputationRep:
    I am doing APs!!
    =)

Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    I remember reading on a college website, it might've been Trinity (but don't quote me on that!), that they don't make offers based on SATs.

EDIT: It was Trinity.
    Offers to candidates from the United States are normally based on Advanced Placement exams. Five grades 5 in relevant subjects would be typical. We do not make offers based on SATs. (*Just a note about the APs, Collegeboard states that most Cambridge colleges look for around 555, or 554 for APs.)

ReputationRep:
    I am doing APs!!
    =)

Thanks for the help!
    Good for you - those are brilliant SAT scores, kudos!
    What subject are you thinking about applying for at Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    I also thought this was going to be about Year 9 SATs!!

ReputationRep:
    Those are brilliant scores. Congrats! Yes, definitely include them. But, keep in mind that the offer will be based on relevant APs and not on SATs.

ReputationRep:
    Offers to candidates from the United States are normally based on Advanced Placement exams. Five grades 5 in relevant subjects would be typical. We do not make offers based on SATs. (*Just a note about the APs, Collegeboard states that most Cambridge colleges look for around 555, or 554 for APs.)
    Exactly!!!!! I wasn't sure whether they would help, even at all!!!!

What subject are you thinking about applying for at Cambridge?
    PPS or Econ, Land Econ seems fun too.

Those are brilliant scores. Congrats! Yes, definitely include them. But, keep in mind that the offer will be based on relevant APs and not on SATs.
    Thank you! Strange that UK universities do not care about SATs.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    When I applied as an oversea student there was a box asking for SATs if I had them

So yeah, I guess they care

ReputationRep:

Notice that they don't say they don't care about them, just that they don't make offers based on the SATs. There are many things they don't make offers based on, that do matter. Though the one thing that matters most is interview performance, given that you get an interview.

ReputationRep:

Cambridge (and Oxford) love academics - I suppose if you have amazing SATs, they will only aid your application, rather than make it worse.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Wrong thread

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.