Turn on thread page Beta

History vs Geography - POLL watch

• View Poll Results: What contains more work?
    History
    70.00%
    Geography
    30.00%

What contains more work?
    Which one is harder? (I know it can be subjective...)
    Which one is more fun?

In your opinion

Poll question: What contains more work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    What contains more work?
    Which one is more fun?

In your opinion

Geography (human geography) is more fun than aspects of history. But physical geography is less interesting, imo, than aspects of history.

Both history and geography are huge subjects so it is difficult to compare them, but I prefer geography, in general, to history, but both subjects are amazing

It depends on what you are studying most of the time. Parts of geography and history are snooze worthy whilst others are some of the most interesting things I've ever learnt.

And both are a lot of work - but that mainly depends on what level you are taking it at. Is this for GCSE or AS or A2, or something else?

ReputationRep:
    I do both (at AS level) and although I prefer geography - probably because I'm better at it - I do also enjoy history. History is more work for me, and its also harder imo. My favourite subject is geography so it's hard to compare history to it

(Original post by chr1stopher11)
    Geography (human geography) is more fun than aspects of history. But physical geography is less interesting, imo, than aspects of history.

Both history and geography are huge subjects so it is difficult to compare them, but I prefer geography, in general, to history, but both subjects are amazing

It depends on what you are studying most of the time. Parts of geography and history are snooze worthy whilst others are some of the most interesting things I've ever learnt.

And both are a lot of work - but that mainly depends on what level you are taking it at. Is this for GCSE or AS or A2, or something else?
    AS.

ReputationRep:
    History definately contains alot more work than Geography, for me anyways. History is reading alot of stories and memorizing them. If you like stories then you'll obviously find it easier and more enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    What contains more work?
    Which one is more fun?

In your opinion

I take both at A2.

At AS I would say that history is more work. I found geography AS really straightforward and a fun subject. Yet history was more interesting overall.

At A2 there is a lot more work for geography. (Loads of essays and research). Though I think it's been a lot more interesting than at AS. Unit 4 is fun because you get to look at a lot of different sources and I like independent work.
    I think that history is harder (for me) overall but that's because it involves a completely different style of essay writing to geography. Then again I'm still choosing to study history at university next year.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.