History (25)
69.44%
Geography (11)
30.56%
multiplexing-gamer
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
What contains more work?
Which one is harder? (I know it can be subjective...)
Which one is more fun?

In your opinion

Poll question: What contains more work?
chr1stopher11
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
What contains more work?
Which one is more fun?

In your opinion

Geography (human geography) is more fun than aspects of history. But physical geography is less interesting, imo, than aspects of history.

Both history and geography are huge subjects so it is difficult to compare them, but I prefer geography, in general, to history, but both subjects are amazing

It depends on what you are studying most of the time. Parts of geography and history are snooze worthy whilst others are some of the most interesting things I've ever learnt.

And both are a lot of work - but that mainly depends on what level you are taking it at. Is this for GCSE or AS or A2, or something else?
AbiSmith93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I do both (at AS level) and although I prefer geography - probably because I'm better at it - I do also enjoy history. History is more work for me, and its also harder imo. My favourite subject is geography so it's hard to compare history to it
multiplexing-gamer
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by chr1stopher11)
Geography (human geography) is more fun than aspects of history. But physical geography is less interesting, imo, than aspects of history.

Both history and geography are huge subjects so it is difficult to compare them, but I prefer geography, in general, to history, but both subjects are amazing

It depends on what you are studying most of the time. Parts of geography and history are snooze worthy whilst others are some of the most interesting things I've ever learnt.

And both are a lot of work - but that mainly depends on what level you are taking it at. Is this for GCSE or AS or A2, or something else?
AS.
Munchies-YumYum
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
History definately contains alot more work than Geography, for me anyways. History is reading alot of stories and memorizing them. If you like stories then you'll obviously find it easier and more enjoyable.
folder
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
What contains more work?
Which one is more fun?

In your opinion

I take both at A2.

At AS I would say that history is more work. I found geography AS really straightforward and a fun subject. Yet history was more interesting overall.

At A2 there is a lot more work for geography. (Loads of essays and research). Though I think it's been a lot more interesting than at AS. Unit 4 is fun because you get to look at a lot of different sources and I like independent work.
I think that history is harder (for me) overall but that's because it involves a completely different style of essay writing to geography. Then again I'm still choosing to study history at university next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.51%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.76%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.87%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (46)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
19.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed