Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Complications with my boyfriend, dont know if i should tell him or not... :/ watch

So, last week my boyfriend spilt up with me saying that he had a lot on his mind and "couldn't do it anymore", i was heartbroken because i honestly thought he was the one (we were together for 3 and half years), the next couple of days i was so depressed and i started talking to this one guy on facebook, he has liked me for sometime (my boyfriend hates him), we started chatting quite a bit (i only started talking to him because i felt lonely), a couple of days went past and we met, we kissed and touched a bit. I felt so guilty afterwards, i didnt even like him in that way, just wanted to feel better anyway today i got a text from my boyfriend saying "i miss you so much, call me", so i called him and he asks to get back together with me, i straight away said yeah because i love this guy too bits but i don't know if i should tell him about that kiss . What do you guys thing? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt say anything, it'll only cause problems.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a way that he could find out about it? Would the other guy tell him? If so its better comming from you. However if you dont think he would ever find out, and it meant nothing I wouldnt tell him.

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell him is probably the best solution! However I'm one of those people where my conscience will eat away at me until I do own up. A little white lie could always suffice like you kissed and then pulled away like ewww can't do this etc? Ha crap advice sorry xx

ReputationRep:
    It meant that when you're in a bad mood you're likely to cheat on your boyfriend with someone he hates.

Obviously you shouldn't tell him as this will massively lower your worth in his eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superfrank)
    Don't tell him is probably the best solution! However I'm one of those people where my conscience will eat away at me until I do own up. A little white lie could always suffice like you kissed and then pulled away like ewww can't do this etc? Ha crap advice sorry xx
    I actually agree with you, it may not be the most moral thing to do, but that's what I'd do.

ReputationRep:
    Your BF sounds like a loon, playing parce the parcel with you. If he honestly was 'the one' he wouldn't let you go in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure, it might be the right thing to do, but he could freak out even though really there shouldn't be an issue so it's probably best not to.

ReputationRep:
    These things have a way of coming out in the end. You knew what you were doing and that it would complicate things, so I think that you should deal with the consequences.

Be honest. Tell him it was a kiss, you felt lonely and it meant nothing. Be honest with the other guy too, and apologise for messing him around.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, three and a half years together and it took a week before you were copping off with another guy?

Nice.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't tell him if i was u, u were broken up anyway. It has nothing to do with him

ReputationRep:
    you have to tell him if he hears it from other people it will be 10x worse.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.