Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanaindaclub)
    Muslim girl. British born but of paki descent.
    SAME , been in the exact same situation as you before to be honest and i just ended it because his work load just got too much and i never saw him, it sucks i know....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    or the lack of texts, the lack of seeing him. meh.

maybe this was why i failed As, because i was so worried about seeing him -_-
    well focus on A2 instead of worrying about him. if you have something to be busy with yourself it wont seem as bad because then you will feel "oh were both busy people" rather than"hes to busy to text me back".
    and look forward to seeing him in a positive way thinking about how good it will be rather than how long away it is. seeing him should give you something to look forward to that will help you be able to try hard the rest of the time it will turn into a well earned break

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    I know some people who cannot pass a day without seeing each other atleast once a day, that's what love is.
    That's not love, that's dependence.

OP, focus on your exams. Your boyfriend may or may not be in your future but those exams will have an effect on the next few years. You may find once you're busier too, it gets easier to be apart.

Also, have you spoken to him about this? Maybe explain that you know he's busy and is often tired after but you'd appreciate a quick text, just to make contact. Clearly it's unrealistic to see him all the time due to timetabling and your parents, perhaps explain that that's WHY you feel you need to make more effort to talk. Don't lay blame on him or anything, suggest it as an improvement you could both be making.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanaindaclub)
    Muslim girl. British born but of paki descent.
    Anon fail? -- sorry, my mistake-- No anonfail

Anyway - maybe you could ask him if he can send you e-mails... Or perhaps make him a bracelet / charm /soft toy / something that he can keep with him to remind him of you, and give him the hint you'd like something similar - so you both have a representation of yourselves when you are apart...

ReputationRep:
    well I'm still in school and my boyfriend works. what do I do when he's busy? I'm busy too. we're both very independent people and can sometimes go days without talking to each other As much as I do like spending time with him, I like spending time away from him too, and it's healthy

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the problems is necessarily your boyfriend's timetable. Surely he can't be working so hard that he can't keep in contact every now and then?

My boyfriend works long shifts in a supermarket, often doesn't get home until much later than me (9pm ish). He has 2 days off a week and on his days off he is doing a "full time" distance learning course. He also writes training materials in his spare time. He's constantly working on something, which means I don't get to see him as often as I like, but he still makes time to text me etc all the time in between his many commitments, and he makes time to see me whenever he can. Its difficult, yeah, but I knew how busy he was before I got involved and I know its only going to be temporary (OK, not short-term exactly, but it will end one day, prolly in a couple of years).

I don't think simply him being busy should be a big problem. Perhaps your focus is wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostInLaw)
    That's not love, that's dependence.
    What is love?

ReputationRep:
    i think you've answered the question yourself, it's clear where your priorities lie- obligation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Journeyzap)
    Anon fail? -- sorry, my mistake-- No anonfail

Anyway - maybe you could ask him if he can send you e-mails... Or perhaps make him a bracelet / charm /soft toy / something that he can keep with him to remind him of you, and give him the hint you'd like something similar - so you both have a representation of yourselves when you are apart...
    Um, im not the op. I think you've confused yourself?

(Original post by Vohamanah)
    I don't think the problems is necessarily your boyfriend's timetable. Surely he can't be working so hard that he can't keep in contact every now and then?

My boyfriend works long shifts in a supermarket, often doesn't get home until much later than me (9pm ish). He has 2 days off a week and on his days off he is doing a "full time" distance learning course. He also writes training materials in his spare time. He's constantly working on something, which means I don't get to see him as often as I like, but he still makes time to text me etc all the time in between his many commitments, and he makes time to see me whenever he can. Its difficult, yeah, but I knew how busy he was before I got involved and I know its only going to be temporary (OK, not short-term exactly, but it will end one day, prolly in a couple of years).

I don't think simply him being busy should be a big problem. Perhaps your focus is wrong?
    he works either from 9am- 11pm.
    or 5pm- 11pm
    he somtime spops a text if hes not stressed or tired after work, and he wakes up at 2pm, and he takes a hour to get read, 1 hour and a half to get to work, 30 misn to do what he wants. he is too busy, i spoe to him aout it today, told him he texted me and i realised that its nto his fault..he said.

i n eed money, i need to live which is true.

h ehas days off, but i cant see him then! i takes too long to travel to him in traffic, and parents are a problem, but i love him alot and i'll wait till hes sorted his financial situation out. uni will hopefully be amazizinggg with him there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was just saying that the term indian usually refers to hindu's or sikhs...
    this isn't the point of my thread.

Theres more muslims than sikhs than india, what a silly comment to make -_-.

(Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    Theres more muslims than sikhs than india, what a silly comment to make -_-.
    ah, didn't know..sorry.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.