Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've turned into a weird person over the years, how do I return back to normal? watch

I've turned into a weird person over the years, how do I return back to normal? A major example is like I say stuff that is always socially awkward. But I can't help it!
    I have few friends because of it. I think it's because of the bullying I had throughout my school life, at one point causing me lots of trauma, so I've lost confidence and become socially awkward. How can I mend myself?
    Cheerso!
    oh and anon.

ReputationRep:
    Philosophical question:

What is normal?

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol and weed.

ReputationRep:
    Think before you act. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)
    Philosophical question:

What is normal?
    I can see your point, but for this sake, I think OP is not wanting to turn 'normal'. But back to their former self.

ReputationRep:
    being weird is awesome, to be honest, it separates people really well, people who adore you for who you are stay as your friend, and people who are more acquaintances then friends leave filters out a lot of crappy friends, and being weird generally made it easier for me to make friends to be honest

ReputationRep:
    There's no point trying to go back to how you used to be. Once you change there's no going back. So go 'forwards' and simply try to better yourself to both physically and mentally. My first advice would be not to feel the need to speak all the time because when you do, you end up saying things that are 'weird'. There is a beauty in silence, learn it and accept that you'll never be perfect.

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE weird people. Don't change you might end up losing the few friends you have.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.